Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flipping navigation and music location on new update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...how to reverse them...

There have been many posts about the loss of user configurable for the 17" screen dual apps as of V9.

Some hate it because of the loss of freedom to mix and match any way they want.

Some love it because it's just now as restrictive as Model 3 who has never experienced that kind of freedom before.

Please file a request for restoring the mix-and-match 2 apps anyway you want feature back by going to your Tesla account webpage and send a message.

In addition, you can sign a petition here also so the public can gauge what's the demand for user configurable dual app interface freedom.

It's still possible to have 2 apps plus the map on screen simultaneously. You just have to use the vertical slider to make room for both apps. Once there is enough vertical space, the second app will appear. I currently have the camera (top) and media (bottom) apps open over the map in the background.

Still, the v9 UI is a huge step back from even V8 (which itself was a step back from V7). It's clearly a rushed attempt to port the Model 3 interface to Model S/X.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
It's still possible to have 2 apps plus the map on screen simultaneously. You just have to use the vertical slider to make room for both apps. Once there is enough vertical space, the second app will appear. I currently have the camera (top) and media (bottom) apps open over the map in the background.

Still, the v9 UI is a huge step back from even V8 (which itself was a step back from V7). It's clearly a rushed attempt to port the Model 3 interface to Model S/X.

How do I get the camera to display at the top?? Delivered new in November running V9. Thank you. Phillip at mybabcock.com Thank you and Happy New Year.

4.5 years on with my S and while I've not always liked all of the changes from one version to the next, I usually saw most of the updates as improvements, or at worst just "different", but I've never been as disappointed as with this update: loss of customization, extra clicks to open the camera, tiny icon at the bottom to get to camera and other apps (drawing my eyes as far from road level as possible - thanks Elon), pulling up the camera "near" the top brings up the music app covering the entire nav window, nav no longer stays at my preferred fixed zoom and orientation when navigating, music layout is a confusing mess, etc.

I see how the current UI works on the horizontal layout of the 3, but IMO it is just a total fail on the S.

I see how the current UI works on the horizontal layout of the 3, but IMO it is just a total fail on the S.

...which is why I'll stick with v8 for now unless they fix v9 and give us back our split screen and missing maps traffic data...or the make API changes that break v8 forcing me to go to v9 at which point I'll be really pissed.