Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flo Charging Network - Trip to Montreal / Bell Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Originally from Montreal but been living in Toronto for the past... well, it doesnt really matter.

Heading back to Montreal at the end of the Nov to see a Habs game and there is no charging where I will be staying (and I may have to park outside over the weekend.)

While I am trying to anticipate the cold weather impact on my range, at least on the drive from Toronto to Montreal I should be sufficiently covered by the SC network, but more concerned about the weekend driving around in Montreal in possibly very cold weather at the end of Nov and then having enough to get out Sunday morning and get to the first charger on the way back to Toronto.

I understand the Flo network is big in Montreal (correct?) and just signed up with the mobile app. Not clear whether I also need a card ($15 flat fee) or whether I can exclusively use the mobile app?

If I drive into downtown (I am staying near Outremont) for the game Saturday night, any suggestions for indoor parking near the Bell Centre that also has available charging?

This will be my first real road trip with the 3 (I have been to London Ontario and back but that is only 200 km each way and the weather was warmer) so just trying to be prepared.

Thx in advance.

There are a lot of garages and streets with level 2 charging. Check the FLO app. However, the two stations in the Bell Centre garage are usually taken by 5 pm game nights.

An option is just to recharge sufficiently at the Pointe-Claire Supercharger 15 km West of downtown on the way in.

The app alone works fine until a data network is down or you're in an underground parking where no signal reaches.

Reactions: MarcoRP
charge point and FLO I have. Will look into circuit electrique. Thx.
Nononononono! Flo and Circuit Électrique are the same network. There are actually also some Tesla chargers at the Bell Centre (3). You can also consider the Montreal Metro
7BD91D21-EE02-474B-B0AE-2111DA927A1E.jpeg

Reactions: RiverBrick
There is a Flo app and a separate Électrique Circuit app but the interface looks almost exactly the same.

Yeah, I usually take the Metro when I go to the game, but given that I will not have any destination charging over the weekend, I was thinking that driving to the Bell Centre and taking advantage of some charging while parked would be a better option than the Metro

There is a Flo app and a separate Électrique Circuit app but the interface looks almost exactly the same.

Yeah, I usually take the Metro when I go to the game, but given that I will not have any destination charging over the weekend, I was thinking that driving to the Bell Centre and taking advantage of some charging while parked would be a better option than the Metro
If you’re worried about range, though, like RiverBrick said, Superchargers are there for you. If you’re in Outremont, just out of personal experience, there is a restaurant called Keste at Fairmount and Park ave which has really good pizza and there is a Circuit Électrique charger right in front Av. Fairmount O Parking/Charging PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

My favorite destination charger is at the Italian restaurant À la Vieille Cheminée in Saint-Léonard.

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

The food is good, but they probably hold the record for the highest punishment directly related to someone ICEing.

A hit man wanted to wait near the exit for his target, so he pulled into the space next to the door reserved for charging. This led to his SUV being watched by the restaurant staff, so his botched hit was witnessed. Otherwise, he might have been able to make up a story to face lesser charges. Now he is awaiting trial on attempted murder.

Tentative de meurtre à Saint-Léonard: de mystérieux clients toujours non identifiés | Daniel Renaud | Faits divers

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP and pcons
I do the drive every couple of weeks. On the way, I’d recommend Belleville SC over Kingston due to limited availability in Kingston (only really valid on the weekends - never had to wait in Kingston during the week) then Pointe-Claire as others have stated either on the way in or out of the city. Shouldn’t need to worry about overnight. I find supercharging better than paying minimum $1 per hour for the circuit électrique - which most of the chargers tend to charge.

I am staying near Outremont

Charging overnight on L2 is what I prefer. Keeps the battery warm! But strangely enough, Outremont appears to be a no man's land in terms of chargers. (Nothing in between Hôpital Sainte-Justine and Parc Avenue, for those who know that part of the city.) Actually, if you compare the Outremont city limits on Google Maps to the charger map on PlugShare, there is ONE charger within the city limits, and it's near the edge.

I would have expected a few Tesla plugs in such an upper class neighborhood, for example near a restaurant on Rue Benard :cool:. Or somewhere on Van Horne, the commercial street.

Charging overnight on L2 is what I prefer. Keeps the battery warm! But strangely enough, Outremont appears to be a no man's land in terms of chargers. (Nothing in between Hôpital Sainte-Justine and Parc Avenue, for those who know that part of the city.) Actually, if you compare the Outremont city limits on Google Maps to the charger map on PlugShare, there is ONE charger within the city limits, and it's near the edge.

I would have expected a few Tesla plugs in such an upper class neighborhood, for example near a restaurant on Rue Benard :cool:. Or somewhere on Van Horne, the commercial street.
Outremont is separate from the city of Montreal. The street chargers are a city of Montreal thing

Don't over-think it. Arrive mostly charged from your last Supercharging stop and fill in the gaps with some underground or on-street charging if you must. Montréal is not a charging wasteland.. you're spoiled with options.

Rue Seigneurs Stationnement / chargement

I used this charger last trip to Montreal. It's a bargain, and not so far from the Bell Centre.

Don't over-think it. Arrive mostly charged from your last Supercharging stop and fill in the gaps with some underground or on-street charging if you must. Montréal is not a charging wasteland.. you're spoiled with options.

Rue Seigneurs Stationnement / chargement

I used this charger last trip to Montreal. It's a bargain, and not so far from the Bell Centre.
That’s a whiles away compared to the new one on Saint-Jacques (should be ready in November)