Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FLO X5 and Model S disagree on current draw (Amps)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI there
I have a FLO X5 EVSE at home. The current draw indicated by the FLO EVSE is always less than the current draw indicated by the car during charging.

My MS 100D (2018, running software version 2018.46.2) says "30A" but the FLO app / website reports only 28.8 Amps.

Does the Tesla software round up or is the FLO charger not reporting the current draw correctly?

Attachments

• IMG_6222.png
    IMG_6222.png
    1 MB · Views: 87
Won't work...right? The cable has ground and common in it and the field readings cancels itself out right? Will only work with clamp on if they're the separate lines and you measure them individually....
Dzm
There are a number of places where you can get to one wire to measure it, but you will have to open something. If you're unwilling or unable to do that, then you're right, putting a clamp meter around all the conductors together doesn't give you a reading.

There are a number of places where you can get to one wire to measure it, but you will have to open something. If you're unwilling or unable to do that, then you're right, putting a clamp meter around all the conductors together doesn't give you a reading.
My bad, assumed you just meant clamp onto the cable. If it were me:
1. Wouldn't worry about the difference
2, I'd open my panel and measure the conductors there by clamping each. I'm not telling you to do that.....danger will robinson.
Dzm