Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floating navigation bar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
In this new version of the site the floating navigation bar that was always on the top of the screen is now gone. I can't seem to find an option in the menu to turn it back on. Since I view this site on a vertical monitor the normal menu gets compressed to a box on the left of the screen so now I have multiple clicks to select something like "new posts". Is there a way to turn back on the floating navigation bar?

@DrComputer So I think you are referring to the responsive behavior whereby at a certain screen width the navbar collapses into a slide-out menu, correct?

If so, this happens at relatively narrow widths in order to avoid the issue whereby we run out of space for the menu links. We are going to be adding one last item to that list soon, so we may have made it collapse a little earlier than it used to in a recent update. Unfortunately, very few of TMC's users use a vertical screen on desktop, so we didn't design that in mind, however if we have a feasible solution for this in the future, then we can consider it.

I think he is referring to this:
TMC%20menubar.jpg

rather than the old menu bar that spans the top of the screen. For some reason, on my PC at work I get the above menu bar most of the time. On my Chromebook though, I always get the old horizontal menu bar. At least for me, I prefer the old bar when on a desktop or laptop.

I think he is referring to this:
TMC%20menubar.jpg

rather than the old menu bar that spans the top of the screen. For some reason, on my PC at work I get the above menu bar most of the time. On my Chromebook though, I always get the old horizontal menu bar. At least for me, I prefer the old bar when on a desktop or laptop.
Please let me know your screen size and resolution, and if possible your browser size.

I run my browser on a vertical monitor at 1200x1920. The old floating bar would remain at the top of the screen when reading messages so one could easily just click on "new posts" without having to pop out a menu bar. Can you possibly offer a choice to use the "classic style" menus with the previous menu style?