TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Flooded Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MarcoIz22, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MarcoIz22

MarcoIz22 New Member

Hi, I’m new to this community.
    I’m a huge tesla fan and last week I found a flooded Model 3 long range in an auction that’s happening on Wednesday.
    It seems like it happened during the floods of Guadalajara, Mexico in this past months. The photos show that the car has no other damage than the flood and something to do with the frunk.
    Does anyone know if the car could still work? And if that’s the case, would I have to do anything special to get It up and running?
    Thank you

2. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

If it’s a salvage title, Tesla will not let you Supercharge among other things. There is a process for getting it re-certified, but it costs a lot and there is no guarantee the car will pass. Search for the flooded Tesla Model S thread on this forum done by Youtuber’s RichRebuilds.

• Like x 1
  3. MarcoIz22

MarcoIz22 New Member

Thank you, I’ll check it out, very useful