Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor flex: is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Got my MY a week ago. Installed all weather liners but I have had some problems getting the drivers sidd to be as flush as the passengers side.

At closer inspection I noticed that the floor lining is flexing a lot in the conncection at the seat. It flexes a few cm which means that the all weather floor Matt is not flush With the panel.

I noticed that There are some flex in this connection on both sides. However it seems to be more on the drivers side.

Anyone With a MY that Can say if this is normal. Does the floor flex here on all MY or is this a possible bad adherence of the floor lining/filt?

Ps the image shows the placement of the connection. (Cant Seem to post a video of the actual flex)

Attachments

• E8660F75-AF80-482D-9B3C-BC2694C54526.jpeg
    E8660F75-AF80-482D-9B3C-BC2694C54526.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I Got my MY a week ago. Installed all weather liners but I have had some problems getting the drivers sidd to be as flush as the passengers side.

At closer inspection I noticed that the floor lining is flexing a lot in the conncection at the seat. It flexes a few cm which means that the all weather floor Matt is not flush With the panel.

I noticed that There are some flex in this connection on both sides. However it seems to be more on the drivers side.

Anyone With a MY that Can say if this is normal. Does the floor flex here on all MY or is this a possible bad adherence of the floor lining/filt?

Ps the image shows the placement of the connection. (Cant Seem to post a video of the actual flex)
My rear passenger side floor recently started having some flex as you describe. Noticed it when investigating why I heard odd sounds when my daughter got in and out of the car. Started happening when some sudden cold weather began. Seems to have diminished with some recent warmer weather.