TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Floor liner cleaning product

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Chevrltz71, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

Here in Alaska, lots of mud, dirt, rocks, and snow are the norm. Which I love. However, it's next to impossible to keep the floor mats (liners) clean. I do NOT want a product that will make them slippery - in the past, on other vehicles with Husky liners (Denali and Sierra), the only product I have found that deep cleans without making them slippery is 409 from the spray bottle.

I would like a result like this from a wipe, however Armorall, Meguires, etc, I have found them all to leave the mats slippery, which I HATE.

As such, I have yet to clean my floor mats. Any suggestions on a wipe or product I could use on the mats without removing them from the car?

Thanks!

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Assuming your reference to "liners" are not the standard carpet, and something like Tesla's All-Weather Mats, when my all-weather mats have gotten bad in the past, I remove them, spray with the hose to get most of the crud out, let dry, then use a couple shots of Einszett Cockpit Premium on an old microfiber towel to remove any remnants or grey dirty ghost haze that drives me nuts. I've not found it as slippery as other products, and Cockpit Premium does not add a lot of extra sheen like others do. It also works well for me after normal washes when the mats are not that bad: Vacuum the mats; then a couple shots of Cockpit Premium on an old microfiber; Rub-rub; and my mats look like new again.

Good luck.

3. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

Thanks!! I'll give this a try! I was hoping for this result with disposable wipes while leaving the mats in the vehicle, but that might not be possible.

4. Lon12

Lon12 Member

The Tesla All Weather mats are made by Weather Tech. I purchased their cleaning kit and it works really well. But be careful with the cleaner. It is very caustic on bare skin. I'd wear gloves.
    The conditioner is not slippery at all.
    http://www.weathertech.com/techcare/cleaner-protector-kit/

5. In2oil

In2oil Member

I have them as well. Did you buy them online or in Store?

6. Lon12

Lon12 Member

I could not find them in stores here. Had to order them online.