Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Mat Options - They come, they go...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to the Tesla website today, I noticed that the carpet floor mats are not listed. It's curious in that I purchased mine before I've even taken possession of my car since the website, at the time, said there would a wait and it was "first come first serve" on the orders. Now with no listing, it makes me wonder; supply problems? Bigger backorder than expected? To be honest, I've not even opened the boxes because, again, I'm still waiting on the car. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I just ended up buying Lloyd's Ultimats for the front and rear. My car only came with front carpet mats, and I thought they were a little cheap. I nearly bought the Lloyd's Luxe mats, but they were a fair bit more expensive. The Ultimats are quite good... better than most OEM mats IMHO.

I bought the mats from the Tesla site a couple of weeks ago...from what I saw on other threads the mats that were delivered with the car were flimsy and cheap. I opened mine to allow them to offgas in the garage before I get my car. They are decent...I've not seen the Lloyd's but I'm happy with the Tesla mats.

We bought the Lloyd's mats for the front and back seats and love them! The OEM mats were cheap and thin and wouldn't stay in place. The passenger side would always roll down onto your feet which was very annoying and was always the first thing the passenger had to adjust when hoping in the car. I'm actually going to buy more Lloyd's mats for the frunk/trunk soon. I would definitely recommend the Lloyd's mats. And if you look around on the internet you can always find discount codes.

Thanks to all for your comments. I'll take the advice and open the boxes and let them "off-gas." I also learned that I get to pick up my car this Friday, May 3rd. I didn't check the Tesla website before making this post so I still don't know if they offer / do not offer floor mats anymore...

Thanks to all for your comments. I'll take the advice and open the boxes and let them "off-gas." I also learned that I get to pick up my car this Friday, May 3rd. I didn't check the Tesla website before making this post so I still don't know if they offer / do not offer floor mats anymore...

I did not notice any objectionable smell with the Lloyd's mats, but then I kinda like the "new car smell" anyway. I was a bit concerned with how tightly they were rolled up for shipping, but they lay down flat and smooth straight away when I put them in the car.

I love new car smell but not when it's so strong I can SEE it, lol. The Tesla mats didn't smell TOO strong but I don't want to risk a headache my first day of ownership...

Congrats on getting your car in time for the weekend! So jealous!

Going to the Tesla website today, I noticed that the carpet floor mats are not listed. It's curious in that I purchased mine before I've even taken possession of my car since the website, at the time, said there would a wait and it was "first come first serve" on the orders. Now with no listing, it makes me wonder; supply problems? Bigger backorder than expected? To be honest, I've not even opened the boxes because, again, I'm still waiting on the car. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

If you are still undecided, check out cocomats. I just got a nice set of them for my car.

I'm waiting for custom-fitted rubber (not carpet) mats to be available for both front and back seats... did Lloyds manage that yet?

Yes, go to AutoAnything.Com - I ordered a set (front, rear, trunk [they sent me frunk]). The holes were in the passenger mat not the driver's mat though. These don't have a lip like the WeatherTech ones.

An update...When picking up the car, I asked the coordinator at the Service Center (Hi, Whitney!) and she said that they had so many orders and were so understaffed, they decided they needed to focus on customer service relative to the logistics / delivery of the cars more so than the accessories. The mats will most likely come back at some time in the future when they have the bandwidth to handle a broader spectrum of customer services related requests, accessories being less important right now