TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Floor Mat Vendor

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by gmtom1, Sep 10, 2016.

1. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Has anyone found a good source for Lloyd's mats (either rubbertite or protector) that ship to Hawaii for reasonable rates? Now that my X delivery is getting closer, I'm starting to look for mats for the frunk and trunk, and since Tesla and Weathertech don't have their mats out yet, I'm interested in Lloyds mats instead.

Lloyd's has a lot of online vendors, but the first three I tried all want $80+ for shipping to Hawaii, which is almost as much as the mats I'm ordering cost! One vendor wanted $150 to ship two mats (that only cost $70) via Fedex 2-day shipping, and that was the only method available! I'm continually surprised by how ignorant most mainland/online stores are regarding shipping merchandise to Hawaii.

Anyone bought Lloyd's Rubbertite or protector mats here? Where did you get them?

Thanks!

2. spleen

spleen Active Member

Not for the X, but I did buy Lloyds Rubbertite maps for my Leaf way back when from AutoAnything and I don't recall shipping being that bad. Just checked right now and they charge $20 per order item for FedEx 2 day (cheapest shipping option to HI) now so $40 shipping for the frunk and trunk mats which, while not cheap, is certainly better than $80.

3. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

check with aikikiki, and see where he got his mats.

4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Checked Autoanything.com. Unfortunately, the only shipping option available to Hawaii is Fedex 2-day, which they apply to each item in the order. I refuse to pay $48 to ship $70 of floor mats. I guess I'll just wait for a free shipping offer or the Telsa/Weathertech mats.

5. noservice2001

noservice2001 Member

I gave up after emailing them directly, the stock mats are good enough

6. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I managed to find them at eveverything.com with no shipping charge. I have yet to receive a shipping confirm though. We shall see if they're legit or not. Good thing I used a ShopSafe number.

7. noservice2001

noservice2001 Member

did you get these in yet?

8. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Yup finally arrived after about three weeks. They're great, but I had to leave them outside first to get rid of the rubber smell.

• Helpful x 1