TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Floor mats (dead petal)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by MikeR55, Jan 12, 2020.

1. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Ordered some nice mats on Amazon and now realize- doesn't cover the dead pedal which is now carpet. Ugg.. Gonna return these I guess. Anyone got recommendations? Seems like Maxpider is the favorite?

Looking for Frunk and Trunk too- all in one package preferred.

All weather is good- as I prefer that to carpet - but don't need anything too crazy as I'm in LA.

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Have the 3D Maxpider kagu ones in both our cars (2017 MS and 2018 Model 3) and very happy with them. The dead pedal area on both of our years versions goes up pretty high on the dead pedal for coverage. Also in Calif and while we get rain, no snow here, but if we drove to the mnts. to ski it would be a concern. Not all all-weather mats go up as far on the dead pedal as ours do. So just wanted to point that out when you are considering which mats to choose if that coverage will be important to keeping your carpeting clean.

• Like x 1
  3. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Yeah I own 2 homes in Big Bear so keeping that in mind as well.

4. BreezyM3

BreezyM3 Member

Max spider actually used my car for the new 2020 matmeasurements. Their new mats will address the dead peddle issue but won't be out for a few months

• Like x 1
  5. buddhra

buddhra Member

I was a Maxpider fan, but I actually prefer the Taptes now. They're a blatant copy, but they fixed my two complaints about the logo and the scratchy backing material.

6. BreezyM3

BreezyM3 Member

Interesting I'll have to check them out

7. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Oh- good to know! So does anyone have 2020 mats made yet?