TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Floor Mats for New 7 Seat Config

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by atc789, Aug 29, 2017.

1. atc789

atc789 Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Tesla has designed floor mats for the new fold-flat 7 seat configuration Model X? I should be taking delivery of one in Mid-September and I wanted to have the floor mats when I get the car.

Thanks,

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Well, the front ones should be the same (better be, I'm in the same boat, and have them already! :D )

They don't seem to offer five-seater second row, or seven-seater third row only, but offer cargo mats (for when the third row is folded down).

What I did was get the first row, and a general purpose soft (not plastic/WeatherTech-ish) cargo mat for when we want to carry 'stuff' in the back. (We won't often have people in the second and third rows but wanted the full HVAC system and the option to carry people if needed.)

I know that doesn't answer your question. Hope someone else has third-party suggestions for the five-seater second row and seven-seater third-row!

3. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

I have custom logo mats for S, front and back. When X arrives I am going to test the single long back mat of S with the second row of X. I too will almost always have third row seats flat.

4. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

IMG_1861.JPG IMG_1861.JPG

This is the second row mat on my S.

5. Pretty

Pretty Member

upload_2017-9-7_15-55-39.png
    Just like it.
    Tesla did not inform this change in advance, I also bought an inappropriate floor mat in Teslafans of eBay in advance:-(

6. boaterva

There is something going on for new 7 seaters... I didn't expect this change, but there appears to be a hardware update as of the August 21 (22) date that was the AP2.5 start.

I was looking to see if there are any new Tesla second row mats for the 'new' folddown 7 seaters, and there is now a date range that ends at August 22, with nothing (yet) for those of us with AP2.5 hardware (and who knows what for minor seat changes?) after that date.

This also doesn't make sense, since the folddown second row has been there since July 1st, no? What you get in one before July 1 should be different than after that date (folddown vs old pedestal). No idea what we are getting with late August/September production in the second row!
    upload_2017-9-7_8-37-37.png

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  7. sataponw

sataponw Member

I am sure that is for the fold-flat seat (after August 22, 2017) It's probably when the first fold-flat actually went into manufacturing (rather than first release online). Looking at the picture for 16-17, it's definitely the old, not fold-flat seats.

8. boaterva

Good idea, but Tysons had a new seven seater in house around the first of August, I saw it and was shown the new slide forward adjustment to get to the third row. This was the new UltraLeather in Black. No idea why the August 22 date on the mats!