Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Mats for New 7 Seat Config

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the front ones should be the same (better be, I'm in the same boat, and have them already! :D )

They don't seem to offer five-seater second row, or seven-seater third row only, but offer cargo mats (for when the third row is folded down).

What I did was get the first row, and a general purpose soft (not plastic/WeatherTech-ish) cargo mat for when we want to carry 'stuff' in the back. (We won't often have people in the second and third rows but wanted the full HVAC system and the option to carry people if needed.)

I know that doesn't answer your question. Hope someone else has third-party suggestions for the five-seater second row and seven-seater third-row!

IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG

This is the second row mat on my S.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Tesla has designed floor mats for the new fold-flat 7 seat configuration Model X? I should be taking delivery of one in Mid-September and I wanted to have the floor mats when I get the car.

Thanks,
upload_2017-9-7_15-55-39.png

Just like it.
Tesla did not inform this change in advance, I also bought an inappropriate floor mat in Teslafans of eBay in advance:-(

There is something going on for new 7 seaters... I didn't expect this change, but there appears to be a hardware update as of the August 21 (22) date that was the AP2.5 start.

I was looking to see if there are any new Tesla second row mats for the 'new' folddown 7 seaters, and there is now a date range that ends at August 22, with nothing (yet) for those of us with AP2.5 hardware (and who knows what for minor seat changes?) after that date.

This also doesn't make sense, since the folddown second row has been there since July 1st, no? What you get in one before July 1 should be different than after that date (folddown vs old pedestal). No idea what we are getting with late August/September production in the second row!
upload_2017-9-7_8-37-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-7_8-36-34.png
    upload_2017-9-7_8-36-34.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Informative
Reactions: vandacca
There is something going on for new 7 seaters... I didn't expect this change, but there appears to be a hardware update as of the August 21 (22) date that was the AP2.5 start.

I was looking to see if there are any new Tesla second row mats for the 'new' folddown 7 seaters, and there is now a date range that ends at August 22, with nothing (yet) for those of us with AP2.5 hardware (and who knows what for minor seat changes?) after that date.

This also doesn't make sense, since the folddown second row has been there since July 1st, no? What you get in one before July 1 should be different than after that date (fold-down vs old pedestal). No idea what we are getting with late August/September production in the second row!
View attachment 246271

I am sure that is for the fold-flat seat (after August 22, 2017) It's probably when the first fold-flat actually went into manufacturing (rather than first release online). Looking at the picture for 16-17, it's definitely the old, not fold-flat seats.

I am sure that is for the fold-flat seat (after August 22, 2017) It's probably when the first fold-flat actually went into manufacturing (rather than first release online). Looking at the picture for 16-17, it's definitely the old, not fold-flat seats.
Good idea, but Tysons had a new seven seater in house around the first of August, I saw it and was shown the new slide forward adjustment to get to the third row. This was the new UltraLeather in Black. No idea why the August 22 date on the mats!

Sorry to revive a threat, but I just picked up an inventory 7 seater model x with fold flat seats that are adjustable fore and aft. The tesla rep seamed to think the car's build date was august 19th. She was not completely sure. Car just says august 2017 on the door panel. Did the build prior to august 23rd have fixed seats? I am trying to make sure that I order the correct ( if available) 2nd row all weather mats. Did the prior to august 23rd have a fixed pillar and not have the running tracks for the second row?

The tesla and weathertech website focus on a change of august 23rd. Neither appear to have mats for the later build. The picture on weathertech of the prior to august 23rd doesn't look like my regular mat, but I'm not sure if its a generic picture or the actual mat that fits in the car. The mats on the tesla website don't look like they would work on my configuration either. I'm guessing I need that later mat that isn't available. My regular floormat looks like the picture above.

I haven't been closely following the changes to the model x so I don't know what the recent changes actually were. The car just meant enough of the criteria we wanted and I could get it before the end of the year. Wife also decided that she had to have a 3rd row and the model 3 would no longer work. I didn't inquire or do too much research about recent changes and I was happy to get a discount plus the tax credit.

No change as far as I see on the Tesla site and I know the 7 seater (fold flat/adjustable) needs a new pattern. I still think that date is incorrect and we’re waiting for LaserTech to get/produce new templates for this layout. Mine was produced around Labor Day.

Car just says august 2017 on the door panel. Did the build prior to august 23rd have fixed seats?

No, the fixed (folding but non-sliding) second row seats are in the 5-seater. The older 7-seater had different rails because it had a non-folding electric-moving second row (similar to current 6-seater). The new 7-seater is sort between the 5-seater and the old 7-seater, 5-seater type of seats and "feet" on the seats, but on rails...

I’m in the same predicament—searching for a 2nd/3rd row set of floor mats. Annoying that the Tesla online store neither provides a phone number nor a live chat ability. I called my local service center and they suggested that I email the following address:

[email protected]

I emailed on Monday (1/8) and have yet to receive a reply. Disappointing!

My Model X 7 seater with fold down seats was delivered July 28th. I ordered mats right away. I received them, but they didn't fit (older model I supposed). I emailed Tesla 5 times and also involved a local Tesla service representative with no luck on a response nor ability to return them. I then second guessed myself, maybe I had filled out the online form incorrectly and proceeded to order another set. Hey, they will credit me for the originals eventually. Well, bad idea, the mats came in 1 week later and were the same ones I had originally ordered. My Tesla rep said that they are centralizing all the online ordering and they are way behind in dealing with customer issues. I'll give them another month or so. After 6 months I'm still in my honeymoon phase with my MX and I can forgive a few glitches.