Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor mats MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered my Tesla and is looking for mats. I was considering the Toughpro Tesla Mats which is on amazon.com. They are half the price of tesla and weathertech, and looks nice. Any thoughts on these?

https://www.amazon.com/ToughPRO-Tes...3_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R9JEPKA0KR3K5QX4EVTN
or
https://www.amazon.com/ToughPRO-Tes...g_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6AQ13F30A1GV2FRVZ7F5
If you really need the heavy duty rubber mats I'd go with the Tesla branded WeatherTech. People that have them like them.

The Tesla All-Weather mats in the back of my car have serious curling issues where they bend around the edges quite severely. I told my Service Center and they told me that that was a common problem and that there was nothing they could do. I even emailed the Tesla Store and they just told me to buy the newly redesigned mats.

TBH I wouldn't really recommend them. Because of the curling, the dirt and grime just falls under the floor mats onto the carpet below.

There was a whole thread about this issue a while back:
Weathertech Tesla Floormats curl up in the back row!

The Tesla All-Weather mats in the back of my car have serious curling issues where they bend around the edges quite severely. I told my Service Center and they told me that that was a common problem and that there was nothing they could do. I even emailed the Tesla Store and they just told me to buy the newly redesigned mats.

TBH I wouldn't really recommend them. Because of the curling, the dirt and grime just falls under the floor mats onto the carpet below.

There was a whole thread about this issue a while back:
Weathertech Tesla Floormats curl up in the back row!
I thought the redisgned ones you mentioned fix that problem.

you could consider the mats on the tesla site, they are weather tech mats that a bit less expensive than buying them from weather tech

^^^^ +1 I find mats with cloth/fiber type material tends to look dirty sooner, pill, curl, etc., way too much. With weather tech, its practically dump out and rinse, toss back in the car and go. They hold their shape and can be cleaned to look like new quite easily. Not quite the same with cloth/fabric. My $.02. YMMV. Think winter if that would apply to you... ;)

• Love
Reactions: sport1000
If you really need the heavy duty rubber mats I'd go with the Tesla branded WeatherTech. People that have them like them.

Umm, maybe this is being picky, but I think the Tesla all-weather mats are actually a type of plastic. They do not feel or act like rubber, at least to me. I have had rubber mats in other cars and they are much heavier and thicker than the Tesla WeatherTech mats....

Having said that, they serve me well and I have had no problem with them, but only used them for a few months last winter. I use CocoMats in the nicer weather.

Umm, maybe this is being picky, but I think the Tesla all-weather mats are actually a type of plastic. They do not feel or act like rubber, at least to me. I have had rubber mats in other cars and they are much heavier and thicker than the Tesla WeatherTech mats....

Having said that, they serve me well and I have had no problem with them, but only used them for a few months last winter. I use CocoMats in the nicer weather.

I'm actually hoping the Tesla provided mats are more plastic like than rubber. I've had no so great luck with the rubber mats, although they are supplied for a BMW and not a Tesla. The rubber tended to curl/deform and didn't stay in place very well. I would think the plastic would not curl and would stay in place better since they would not deform/curl.

I haven't ordered the ones from Tesla yet, but want to. Can anyone say I should not and go straight to Weather Tech?

M

I think you're right. The WeatherTech site uses the words "rubber mats" but the Tesla site says it's a form of plastic.

I received my Tesla All Weather mats yesterday and they fit pretty good. I would definitely say they are plastic.

I have the tesla floor mats in my trunk and frunk. main problem with these being plastic is they scratch pretty easy when you put chairs and things on them and they slide around. you can't get rid of the scratches.

I will get my 3D maxpider Tesla floor mats next week for all my interior mats. Kagu rubber black. can't wait. waited almost 2 months and ordered from carbras.com

I will post pics when I get them in if everything works out alright.

Reactions: 1tsla and Dax279
I just received my WeatherTech cabin floor mats and they are identical to the materials and design used in my Tesla cargo mats. They are definitely more "plastic-like" then the rubber ones I have used in the past. Just like my cargo mats, they were slightly misshapen during shipping, but returned to their original form after laying flat in the sun for the better part of a day.