Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Mats--No flop and they stay in place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was disappointed with the factory floor mats. The driver's side mat was always sliding around every time I got into or out of the car, and sometimes bunched up by the pedal. And the passenger's side mat had that infamous flop issue ("erectile dysfunction", as some one aptly called it on this forum) every time I did a Tesla acceleration (you know--the type that ICE cars only dream about). Burlingame SC confirmed that I had the latest version of the mats (I took delivery in early September). Based on recommendations in this forum, I looked at Lloyd's and Coverking, but neither of them had a good system to secure the mats. (Although both of their websites have photos of the Tesla mats with grommets, they have a disclaimer that says that they do not come with grommets, and I confirmed that by calling each of them.) That got me a little nervous that the hook/screw system might be a problem for Teslas, but Telsa Ownership confirmed with Telsa Engineering for me that the hook/screw is not a problem and cannot puncture into the battery compartment (in fact, Tesla sells the all weather rubber mats with the hook/screw). So I continued my research, and the only company I could find that sells Tesla floor mats with a grommet and hook/screw is South Coast Accessories at teslamats.com. I ordered the 52 oz mat combination, and couldn't be more pleased. They are super plush, thick rubber and match the color of the factory carpet. And they stay in place--no more sliding around or flopping down. Highly recommended.

My car came with the early front mats and no rears. I bought Lloyds (front and rear) and am very satisfied.

I took the Lloyds out when the car went in for it's first Annual Inspection and put the original Tesla fronts back in. When I got the car back, the original Tesla mats were still in place, and they left me a package with a new Front and rear set. I haven't even opened that package... just put the Lloyds back in.

I will second the Cocomats. Drew was awesome and very prompt. I get a lot of nice comments about them as well.

2013-06-20 18.28.43.jpg
2013-04-30 19.48.00.jpg
2013-04-30 19.46.18.jpg
2013-06-19 19.20.20.jpg

Based on recommendations in this forum, I looked at Lloyd's and Coverking, but neither of them had a good system to secure the mats. (Although both of their websites have photos of the Tesla mats with grommets, they have a disclaimer that says that they do not come with grommets, and I confirmed that by calling each of them.)

I've got the Lloyd Luxe mats, and they have grommets. Perhaps they've changed since I bought mine.

I put Tesla's rubber winter floor mats in (and they have saved me some upholstery staining already). The right front and the rear, as well as the trunk and frunk, fit like gloves, absolutely snug. The left front has some problems with slipping and the hook/screws simply wouldn't install (something I have to get looked at next time I see service; they wouldn't make a trip just for it.)

Just got my winter floor mats from Tesla -- they look very nice, indeed. The front row mats fit like gloves. The second row does not fit very well with the position of my front seat, which is pushed back some distance. The mat deforms and lifts off the floor. So, I had to cut it. No big effort, but not pleased that I had to do so.

In the end, these mats will save my Cocomats from getting dirty, and that makes me happy.

Even Steven.