Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tshields didn't see the new thread. Is it 2021 with trunk and frunk mats?
We just released our model y 2020-2021 and model y 7 seater trunk and frunk floor mat set. I have attached links to our new products for your convenience.

Reactions: someTimesJoe
Based on the above, any new pictures of the actual 2021 Model Y fit?
Yeah I do. Note: these are close shots of the fit sent to me by the factory to save a few days travel time for a sample. I was also sent a live video from the factory, but it was a facetime and I did not record it. However, based on the modifications I made on a previous sample, which look to have been recreated perfectly in these photos, they look ready to go and I approved the mold for production. Anyone who has a preorder open with us can be happy to know that as of this morning, production has started and in the next 20 to 25 days we should be ready to ship out to our west coast logistics center (another 20ish days).

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected happens with shipping; I have been assured that EVERGREEN is nowhere near our factory, so I am pretty sure everything will be fine!

Attachments

• mmexport1618283753320.jpg
    mmexport1618283753320.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 193
  • mmexport1618283739407.jpg
    mmexport1618283739407.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 141
  • mmexport1618283765909.jpg
    mmexport1618283765909.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 134
Yeah I do. Note: these are close shots of the fit sent to me by the factory to save a few days travel time for a sample. I was also sent a live video from the factory, but it was a facetime and I did not record it. However, based on the modifications I made on a previous sample, which look to have been recreated perfectly in these photos, they look ready to go and I approved the mold for production. Anyone who has a preorder open with us can be happy to know that as of this morning, production has started and in the next 20 to 25 days we should be ready to ship out to our west coast logistics center (another 20ish days).

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected happens with shipping; I have been assured that EVERGREEN is nowhere near our factory, so I am pretty sure everything will be fine!
Oh one final thing: I am exploring the idea of making a future trunk liner that connects to the back of the back row seats, offering full convertible coverage with a dual fold to help protect the back of the seats in either configuration. LMK if that sounds like something I should be working on!

Oh one final thing: I am exploring the idea of making a future trunk liner that connects to the back of the back row seats, offering full convertible coverage with a dual fold to help protect the back of the seats in either configuration. LMK if that sounds like something I should be working on!
That would be great. I actually ordered the 7 seat configuration thinking that’s how it would be setup. Does the 7 seat trunk liner only cover the back assuming the 3rd row is up? Would the 5 seater version work if the 3rd row is down? For me the 3rd row will be down most of the time so would rather have the full coverage.

That would be great. I actually ordered the 7 seat configuration thinking that’s how it would be setup. Does the 7 seat trunk liner only cover the back assuming the 3rd row is up? Would the 5 seater version work if the 3rd row is down? For me the 3rd row will be down most of the time so would rather have the full coverage.

AFAIK, the prevailing trunk mat designs from everybody are only for the "standard" trunk areas (seats up config). I personally haven't seen anyone think outside the trunk by including coverage for the back row down config. Then again I live under a dark rock inside an even darker cave chugging monster energy and designing tesla accessories all day with Joe Rogan podcasts on repeat, so I don't get out much. If you have any info on competitors doing anything, I'd love to take a look.

I have already measured the model Y 7 seater trunk in the "seats down" position (I have not measured the normal 2020-21 model y for this yet). The 5 seater and 7 seater models appear slightly different in terms of design from my glances.

It's pretty much just up to the community to figure out if they want something like that and for us to make a workable product. I'd say we can pop out a prototype of an "upgrade" model that includes the seat down config sometime in the span of a 2 months if we have enough interest. Again, we are trying to be as efficient as possible since we're pretty much bootstrapping this whole company and reinvesting everything we make in profit so far.

Reactions: tshields
AFAIK, the prevailing trunk mat designs from everybody are only for the "standard" trunk areas (seats up config). I personally haven't seen anyone think outside the trunk by including coverage for the back row down config. Then again I live under a dark rock inside an even darker cave chugging monster energy and designing tesla accessories all day with Joe Rogan podcasts on repeat, so I don't get out much. If you have any info on competitors doing anything, I'd love to take a look.

I have already measured the model Y 7 seater trunk in the "seats down" position (I have not measured the normal 2020-21 model y for this yet). The 5 seater and 7 seater models appear slightly different in terms of design from my glances.

It's pretty much just up to the community to figure out if they want something like that and for us to make a workable product. I'd say we can pop out a prototype of an "upgrade" model that includes the seat down config sometime in the span of a 2 months if we have enough interest. Again, we are trying to be as efficient as possible since we're pretty much bootstrapping this whole company and reinvesting everything we make in profit so far.
Thanks. I forgot that the photo on the 7 seater page was generic and not a picture of the actual product so that threw me off. I’ll probably switch to the 5 seater and be okay with whatever coverage is missed.

Reactions: TShieldDesigns
Thanks. I forgot that the photo on the 7 seater page was generic and not a picture of the actual product so that threw me off. I’ll probably switch to the 5 seater and be okay with whatever coverage is missed.
I believe I saw somewhere that most 5 seater trunk mats do NOT fit the 7 seater because of the armrests for the third row. Just thought I would throw that out there before you pulled the trigger on buying a 5 seater trunk mat...

Reactions: dailo
I believe I saw somewhere that most 5 seater trunk mats do NOT fit the 7 seater because of the armrests for the third row. Just thought I would throw that out there before you pulled the trigger on buying a 5 seater trunk mat...
We are well aware of this which is the reason why we created a separate pre order for the trunk and frunk mats set for the model y 7 seater

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
As a 7-seater owner, I'd really like it if there was a mat that protected not just the back of the 3rd row in the down position, but also the armrests.

Reactions: mcmcn
I currently have a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek and and it has a "similar" design, and I really like it. There is a mat that attaches to the seat backs of the back row. It's split (60 / 40) so you can still easily fold the seats down. It's also not attached to the mat in the rear. This can cause a slight gap when the seats are folded down (that dirt/water etc could get into) but I think it makes folding the seats down a lot easier.

Mounting like that on the Tesla could be tricky, as it's built in on the Subaru.

As a side note, it's also very useful to have that even when the back seats are not folded down. Depending on what you have in the hatch area, it protects the seat backs.

Reactions: tshields
Ditto, ordered the 2021 Model Y mats on preorder yesterday. Looks like Tesla Shields will be first to market with the updates mats. Good job!
We put our customers before profits here at TeslaShields and we are currently selling at cost to make our floor mats accessible to as many people as possible. The good thing about being a small company is that we have more flexibility to get our products out sooner than other brands.

I currently have a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek and and it has a "similar" design, and I really like it. There is a mat that attaches to the seat backs of the back row. It's split (60 / 40) so you can still easily fold the seats down. It's also not attached to the mat in the rear. This can cause a slight gap when the seats are folded down (that dirt/water etc could get into) but I think it makes folding the seats down a lot easier.

Mounting like that on the Tesla could be tricky, as it's built in on the Subaru.

As a side note, it's also very useful to have that even when the back seats are not folded down. Depending on what you have in the hatch area, it protects the seat backs.
The idea is definitely on my priority list. Also sourcing new non-floormat product lines. Would be nice to have more than just floor mats to offer everyone!

As a 7-seater owner, I'd really like it if there was a mat that protected not just the back of the 3rd row in the down position, but also the armrests.
Like some sort of side flaps that secure when the seats are placed down?

Last edited:
Just got an email update that the 2021 5-seater version is now expected to be delivered by or before June 18. This is for an order place 4/2.
A bit disappointed since this is much later than expected but also know that shipping from factories to the US is crazy right now.

Reactions: whisperingshad