Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_150316.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150316.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20210610_150309.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150309.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210610_150252.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150252.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20210610_150233.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150233.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20210610_150223.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150223.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210610_150212.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150212.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20210610_150132.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150132.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210610_150057.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150057.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210610_150043.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150043.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210610_150037.jpg
    IMG_20210610_150037.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 89
I am looking into this and will make modifications if the gaps are consistent across all revised mount model ys. Tolerances need to be checked to ensure we don't get issues being too snug. After all, assuming no modification from an end user, it's better to have a mat be a little too small vs a little too big.
since I'm too busy working on our stuff.

@TShieldDesigns thanks for the response, and your attention to detail is encouraging to see. Cheers!

Reactions: TShieldDesigns
Hows the 7 seat coming along and the back cargo for the 7 seat
The 7 seat floormat designing is temporarily paused as I need to take more accurate scans to capture the unique topography of the floor section. We are ordering a replacement 7 seater foot section part from tesla and will be sending it to a professional scanning company to give us better data. After we get those scans, making a mold shouldn't take very long at all. Prototype checking to ensure everything fits properly and then full production.

The back cargo mat is a whole other beast and I have spoken with a number of members about how I am approaching it. Hoping to get a solid prototype over the next couple months if the factory doesn't kill me for making things so complicated.

so, if we wanted to order the 2021 current floor mats now, they would ship now?

No they will ship it in August. Unless someone returns an order or cancels.
Right now they are distributing orders for people who placed them in March and April.

We made more than just the preordered units. They are going to be available at retail price on our website and amazon. Not too many, but there are extras. A few hundred sets.

If you want the discounted price, then preordering for our second production run will be how to do that. I'm hoping to begin wave 2 production shortly after this current round gets sent out to everyone and we can start gauging demand.

Reactions: zpaul
We made more than just the preordered units. They are going to be available at retail price on our website and amazon. Not too many, but there are extras. A few hundred sets.

If you want the discounted price, then preordering for our second production run will be how to do that. I'm hoping to begin wave 2 production shortly after this current round gets sent out to everyone and we can start gauging demand.
Good stuff! 👍
Some lucky people won't have to wait :D

• Funny
The 7 seat floormat designing is temporarily paused as I need to take more accurate scans to capture the unique topography of the floor section. We are ordering a replacement 7 seater foot section part from tesla and will be sending it to a professional scanning company to give us better data. After we get those scans, making a mold shouldn't take very long at all. Prototype checking to ensure everything fits properly and then full production.

The back cargo mat is a whole other beast and I have spoken with a number of members about how I am approaching it. Hoping to get a solid prototype over the next couple months if the factory doesn't kill me for making things so complicated.

will wave 2 be different from wave 1? (maybe fit slightly better?)

Reactions: ejfirestar
will wave 2 be different from wave 1? (maybe fit slightly better?)
We'll have to see how much of an improvement we can even make. Our mats had no issues in the testbed model y we used, but then whisper's was off a little. Just like with model 3, there is a bit of variance on fits so once we get an idea how much of a variance we are playing with, we can make modifications and make a new mould, which is a bit expensive but worth it.

Reactions: tshields
Hello Everyone,

Jason here, I will be sending out another update thread on TMC by Tuesday! We should be getting some more info by then as orders and inventory are scheduled to land tomorrow. The longest part of the process has already passed and now we going into the next phase which is clearing customs and getting our orders to our processing facility in Salt Lake City, Utah so we can initiate our final phase which is delivery! We are almost there! Huge thank you to everyone for your patience and support we are extremely greatful for you people and this amazing community on TMC!

When will those retail mats be posted?

For those of us who ordered the 7 seater mats and trunk mats how is that going to work out? We won't get trunk mats until it's finished being designed?

For those of us who ordered the 7 seater mats and trunk mats how is that going to work out? We won't get trunk mats until it's finished being designed?
You will get the floor mats up front and we will send you each missing mat as they are designed/produced (3rd row and trunk).

We're planning to get something out in q4 or earlier. A lot of it has to do with scan details and creative engineering for a trunk/3rd row mat that works with seat up and down configurations. I have a feeling that not too many companies will have a full 7 seater trunk/3rd row mat for a while. We could quickly pop out a mat for just the trunk section of the 7 seater, but I'd ideally like to give the 3rd row area coverage as well since the 7 seater trunk is technically a reduced 5-seater.

If you need a 7 seater trunk mat today, all I need is to cut half of the 5-seater version off and it would be about 95% covered. If you want to keep the 3rd row down, that's just a slightly modified 5-seater as well. I'd say around 5-10 minutes of measuring and modification would give you a solid fit with a 5-seater mat.