TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Floor mats

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by EV+, Sep 24, 2014.

1. EV+

EV+ Member

I am looking to buy some all-weather rubber floor mats for my Model S. I asked Tesla HK and they said the Tesla-original ones sold in North America are not available in HK. Has anyone bought any aftermarket rubber floor mats (or replacement carpet floor mats) for their Model S in Hong Kong? Any recommendations on brands / where to buy? Thanks.

2. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

you can try these guys they are very good DIY all-weather rubber floor mats. 2014-08-06 17.59.37.jpg 2014-08-03 23.52.40.jpg

3. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

4. EBill

EBill Member

EV+,

I'll be looking for floormats as here as well.

UberEV1,

I've had the weathertech products on my left hand drive cars and been pleased with them. Regretfully they don't make front floor mats for RHD cars last I checked. The rear passenger mats, trunk and frunk mats would work. However, the cost of sending them here to HK is probably pretty expensive.

5. tommychen0908

tommychen0908 New Member

what does the Model S come with? I am going to get the car in early Oct so I probably need to buy these accessories before the delivery? Sorry for probably stupid questions as this will be my very first car ...

6. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

I've heard that some members are using these:

Custom Floor Mats

No idea of quality / fit, but we should know in the coming weeks.

7. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

thanks for the info will keep this link

8. markb1

markb1 Active Member

This the same product that Tesla sells, but a different logo. And Tesla's price is cheaper. Not sure why they don't sell them in Hong Kong, though.

9. EV+

EV+ Member

Thanks all for the advice. I believe the main issue with the US suppliers is that they don't make RHD versions.

Even if they offer to custom make a set, they may not know the exact shape of the footwell for RHD models.

One more issue that we can bring up with Tesla HK...

10. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

what you guys should do is find a factory in China that makes these things and have a group buy but some 1 need to give them a sample of the size so that they can make it. I think a set will cost about $300 to $400 hkd as set.

11. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

With the recent growth of the RHD Tesla market, seems that somebody should be willing to make RHD versions of the rubberized mats. If not today, perhaps soon.

12. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

same thinking but the real world is not like that, I was trying to get some good matts for my F10 and not many make them for RHD or if they did they will not ship them out I was mad so the Club found some in china that supply us some.
    you can try UK but they will not be cheap over 200usd

13. shiadawg

shiadawg Member

Just got my Model S today. Wanted to note that the cars in HK come with removable carpet floor mats for front and rear seat. However, if you're looking for rubber, not sure where. I was worried it'd have no mats at all like most cars in the US. As for the car itself... Nice!

14. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

Yes, same here -- just got the car today (but can't drive it -- oh what a tease!) I specifically asked my DS about getting replacement mats and he said they are available for purchase as a package (front and rear together). He couldn't remember the exact price -- probably more expensive than 3rd party mats, but at least they are available!

15. jkhfung

jkhfung Member

It sounds like you took the offer to have the car delivered to your car park? I guess you have a few days to admire it before getting it on the road. :)

16. shiadawg

shiadawg Member

Yep. They tow it to your car park and I guess you can drive round and round the carpark! Ha ha.

17. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Then it's a great chance to apply the rim protector and allowing it enough time to stick.