Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floored the acceleration on my brand new MYP and got dizzy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, so pressed my foot all the way down on the acceleration and got dizzy once it got to 50 MPH. Happened 2 times. Had to get my foot off right away. Any of you guys experiencing same thing? So fast, and so sick by the way, made me dizzy.
You may get used to this over time.
I’ve had the pleasure from 2016 to present …of a 4.4 sec 90D MS, a 2.4 sec P100D MS, a 3.8 sec 100D S…now a 3.7 sec M3 LR boost, and now a 3.5 sec MYP.

I can tell you that initially the 4.4 90D used to get me dizzy. Over time this ended and I craved more :) The P100D for sure never let that feeling go away lol. But as I got used to mid 2 sec, the mid-3 second times for me now feel perfect and just enough strong pull without any of the nausea. (Mind you my 13 yr old son no longer giggles as he did with the P100D lol. He finds the MYP just ‘ok’ 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️)

I experienced the same sensation(s) when I got a ride in a PLAID. After two hard launches this old muscle car guy (70 years old) was disoriented. I never in a million years thought I couldn’t handle a HARD LAUNCH. So yes it happens and be careful. But like the 60’s I fear the insurance industry or now government will step in.

Reactions: byeLT4 and cenwesi
The dizziness is from g-forces exerted on your body. 1G is 10m/sec/sec. In an MYP it’s about an extra 0.8G while in a MSP it’s about 1.4G. It’s basically having blood flow slow or stop due to compression. This can affect your vision, oxygen going to certain organs, etc…. Top limit when you are sitting is about 5.5Gs for 3-4 seconds.

Reactions: Destiny1701
I get the roller coaster feeling in my stomach when I floor my 3LR with boost. I thought I would get used to it, but I haven’t. I love it! That said, I have no interest in getting anything faster.
The LR boost is the funnest car I’ve ever driven. Sheer joy at all speeds :) handles like a pointed dart and the pull is fantastic along the entire power range…0-30, 30-60, 60-90…doesn’t matter :)

Got my MYP about two weeks and the acceleration made me nauseous. Had to run it in chill mode for a week to get used to it. I really think it was more the instant acceleration that distorted me. In an ICE car I’m used to transmission lag and obviously there is none in an EV. That disparity between my bodies expectation of lagged acceleration and reality was making me sick. All better now and lovin Sport mode!

I have noticed with higher blood pressure, I had conditioned myself to be able to take harder accelerations and not get dizzy in jets or rollercoasters. As I get older and my blood pressure is decreasing, I seem to get a little dizzy once I hit about 3Gs now compared to over 6Gs when I was younger.