Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida HOV sticker placement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not another Britt with a Tesla in Plantation?
Dam it I thought I would be the only one:wink:

Yes! Keep an eye open for mine. Easy to spot with the Union Jack plate surround...

IMG_20130926_080616.jpg

On my X, I placed it under the retracing spoiler, so when the car is off, you can't see it. Sorta a solution for those ugly stickers.
That's exactly where I put mine! it's only visible while I'm driving. BTW, my wife has been driving a Lexus Hybrid for 8 years now and refused to put that ugly HOV sticker on her car. She does have the 95Express sticker on her windshield so she can use the I-95 Express lanes in Miami-Dade for free. She's never had an issue for not displaying the HOV sticker.

That's exactly where I put mine! it's only visible while I'm driving. BTW, my wife has been driving a Lexus Hybrid for 8 years now and refused to put that ugly HOV sticker on her car. She does have the 95Express sticker on her windshield so she can use the I-95 Express lanes in Miami-Dade for free. She's never had an issue for not displaying the HOV sticker.

I had an issue not long ago where Sunpass charged me the toll as toll-by-plate due to the missing sticker (even though the plate is registered and my transponder was in its pouch), and it was a pain in the ass to get the amount refunded. After that, I gave up and just slapped the sticker on the rear window.

I'm going to do the same
What did you use to get it next to the plate?

I hate that you have to register for the hov decal in person.

I renewed mine today. I asked why it's not online. The lady called her supervisor (or someone) to ask for me. The reason she was given and then relayed to me was that it's the only way they can verify that the vehicle qualifies.

(Doesn't make sense, since our cars are obviously on file and available for online registration renewal. But whatever. She was a nice lady and she obviously isn't in charge of those decisions, so I didn't press the issue.)

I hate that you have to register for the hov decal in person.

I renewed mine today. I asked why it's not online. The lady called her supervisor (or someone) to ask for me. The reason she was given and then relayed to me was that it's the only way they can verify that the vehicle qualifies.

(Doesn't make sense, since our cars are obviously on file and available for online registration renewal. But whatever. She was a nice lady and she obviously isn't in charge of those decisions, so I didn't press the issue.)
Hi, I got my HOV decal in the mail for 2024-25'. (I applied by mail). I received a big blue sticker that says "EXPIRES [place year decal here] FLORIDA"

Last year my HOV decal read "HOV [place year decal here] FLORIDA" as pictured throughout this thread. I wonder if they made an error in the big sticker they sent me. What does your big sticker say? My HOV registration looks normal, same as last year. I hope you can offer insight, as none of my neighbors have this decal.

Hi, I got my HOV decal in the mail for 2024-25'. (I applied by mail). I received a big blue sticker that says "EXPIRES [place year decal here] FLORIDA"

Last year my HOV decal read "HOV [place year decal here] FLORIDA" as pictured throughout this thread. I wonder if they made an error in the big sticker they sent me. What does your big sticker say? My HOV registration looks normal, same as last year. I hope you can offer insight, as none of my neighbors have this decal.
Which county are you in?