Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Florida Model 3 Owner Teases Car on Rental Marketplace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Model 3 owner in Lehigh Acres, Fla. is teasing excited reservation holders with a listing on car rental marketplace Turo. Unfortunately, the car is currently listed as “disabled,” a designation the site offers when a car is unavailable for “an extended or unknown length of time.”

The listing says preference is given to reservation holders, as to “give them an idea of what their vehicle could possibly be.” The owner also offers some performance stats for the car – “0-60 MPH in 5.1” and a range per charge of 310 miles.

The car is listed for $166 per day. See the full description below.

I will be temporarily renting out my Tesla Model 3 prior to moving to another city. I wanted to give a luxury experience with my vehicle to prospective clients who have placed their reservation for the Tesla Model 3 and give them an idea of what their vehicle could possibly be. 0-60 MPH in 5.1. Range per charge is 310 Miles. Vehicle has been delivered recently and has ceramic coated with gun metal wheels and chrome delete. 3M tinted windows for less heat penetration as the summer months in Florida are pretty brutal. Full panorama glass window for the best lighting experience paired with ambient lighting on the interior for dimmed night display. I would like responsible customers using my vehicle in the meantime while enjoying a rare chance at taking home the Model 3. Please also understand that AutoPilot is not activated at this time to reduce any errors while driving as we all still maintain a Class E license and self driving is not yet available. Orientation of vehicle is also available. I am certain you will enjoy it!

screencapture-turo-rentals-cars-fl-lehigh-acres-tesla-model-3-329351-1508257022250.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: A-E
For $166 I think it is a really nice deal especially if I were in the back of the line. As I posted in the picture thread I would put mine on there for $150/day but be really picky on who I rent to. I also plan on using it from time to time on Uber when I am looking for something to do.

The supply (of Model 3 rentals) remains at one (and not really even available at this time), yet demand is perceived to have jumped much higher...because his daily rental price has just spiked to $560-590! Through my limo business, we currently rent out our Model S for $500 per day, or offer chauffeured service at $100 per hour (and used it to chauffeur Jay Leno this past weekend).

When we get our Model 3 in Q1-18 in Iowa, our planned daily rental rate is going to range between $200 and $400, depending on the day of the week (higher on Saturdays, our peak day for weddings). If you live near the Quad Cities and want to be our first rental, please check back after the first of the year at www.CustomLimos.com :)

this is silly, anyone can post something for sale at an absurd price, and some media outlet will pick it up and people will get all worked up about it. an example is a recent WSJ piece on springsteen on broadway ticket prices, someone put their seats up for sale on a stubhub type site for $12.9k, prompting an expected level of caterwauling, what does it mean? nothing, until someone actually pays the absurd asking price.
BTW, I have two seats center row b I can let go for $5k apiece ;)

I'd pay $166 to drive a Model 3 for a day. No pets, food, or speeding, but I would floor it to feel the acceleration. Disabled AP okay with me, since I'd like to feel how it feels to drive it. I would not pay $500. Maybe I'd go as high as $200. OTOH, I would never rent out mine, once I have it. I almost never let anyone drive my cars. Extremely rare exceptions (other than people performing service on it) are good friends who have demonstrated that they are extremely responsible and good drivers.

I'd pay $166 to drive a Model 3 for a day. No pets, food, or speeding, but I would floor it to feel the acceleration. Disabled AP okay with me, since I'd like to feel how it feels to drive it. I would not pay $500. Maybe I'd go as high as $200. OTOH, I would never rent out mine, once I have it. I almost never let anyone drive my cars. Extremely rare exceptions (other than people performing service on it) are good friends who have demonstrated that they are extremely responsible and good drivers.
But what about the future Tesla ride sharing network!? Just kidding - I will never contribute my car to a ride sharing network either.