Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Power & Light (FPL) would like our assistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
I have been in contact with representatives of Florida Power & Light (FPL) and they would like our assistance in doing infrastructure assessments. They are particularly interested in Teslas because their charging requirements are significantly greater than other plug-in vehicles.

If you own or have a reservation for a Tesla in Florida and would like to help out, please email FPL at:
[email protected]

Please provide the following information:

Your Name

Address
Expected delivery date
Size of on-board charger (16.8 kW for Roadsters, 10 kW or 20 kW for Model S)
Whether you have installed, or intend to install a High Power Connector at your home.

Thanks.

Larry

P.S. FPL only covers about half of the state. If it turns out you are not a FPL customer FPL will forward your information to the appropriate utility for their planning purposes.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just wanted to bump this thread now that a number of our Florida club members were finalizing imminent deliveries.

If you haven't already contacted FPL it would be helpful if you did. Please refer to the first posting.

Thanks.

Larry

Thanks for the bump Larry,

Here is what I just emailed them sans the my name and address for posting here:

As requested my name and address are below.I have a Tesla Model X on order (reservation #6545) and expect delivery in the third quarter of 2015.
My on-board charger will be 20Kw and I am in the process of installing two (2) High Power Wall Chargers in my home at the below address. Each charger will be wired to a separate 100amp feed from the 400amp service entrance.
The reason for the second charger is the probable addition of a Tesla Model E when it becomes available in 2018.
I also currently have a 15.25Kw PV system on the house which is net metered by FPL.

I hope this helps with your data gathering and I appreciate anything that FPL can do to promote EV’s and charging infrastructure in Florida.

In particular those FPL customers that know of other nearby Tesla owners in their neighborhood should definately let FPL know.

For example, a club member told me that there was a very high concentration of Model Ss in his neighborhood.

Larry

I sent the email and here is my reply

Hi Mr. Driscoll,

I hope you are enjoying your Tesla S. We appreciate you notifying us that you
will charge your current and future Teslas exclusively at home - we will
continue to monitor and assess the electric infrastructure near you.

All the best,
Danielle

Danielle Pickard
[email protected]
Electric Vehicles & In-home Technology