Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Sun Pass Transponder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't had my transponder in the car for years... just make sure your vehicle and plate are registered correctly in your account and they'll charge you via the plate. Price is the same as using the transponder.

Attachments

• 2019-05-17_10-55-30.jpg
    2019-05-17_10-55-30.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 100
I haven't had my transponder in the car for years... just make sure your vehicle and plate are registered correctly in your account and they'll charge you via the plate. Price is the same as using the transponder.

The New Governor recently suspended all tolls for "Plate Read" because the system is broken and has been erroneously charging exorbitant high fees to many including me since this subcontractor installed this new toll system software last year. Some into the thousands of dollars refuted down to under $100 if you analyze.

Not sure where its at this point. You would only notice it though if you use the TP quite a bit and not just two enter and exit points. Registering all correctly does not mean it necessarily works well these days. It is nice it has been free I think for a bit here if I understand it right.

I just ordered the SunPass mini. It's a sticker and not a transponder. I'm not sure the windshield of my May 2016 model s will allow it to register. I already have an E-ZPass in the shaded area so the SunPass would have to go under the mirror mount. I'm thinking I should put it on the back window hatch, bottom, center, as has been stated with transponders. Has anyone put the sticker there and had it work?

I just ordered the SunPass mini. It's a sticker and not a transponder. I'm not sure the windshield of my May 2016 model s will allow it to register. I already have an E-ZPass in the shaded area so the SunPass would have to go under the mirror mount. I'm thinking I should put it on the back window hatch, bottom, center, as has been stated with transponders. Has anyone put the sticker there and had it work?

Are you sure you even need a SunPass? The only place it works (that EZPass, etc. do not) is on the FL Turnpike. Supposedly that too will be converted to accepting EZPass at which time I will close my SunPass account.

Are you sure you even need a SunPass? The only place it works (that EZPass, etc. do not) is on the FL Turnpike. Supposedly that too will be converted to accepting EZPass at which time I will close my SunPass account.
I live less than a mile from the turnpike in South Florida and travel it at least three or four times during the winter. Particularly when I'm going back and forth to New England. I would use it more often with a pass.

Just found this article written mid-2020 that says E-ZPass will be usable by the end of 2020. I guess that didn't happen.

E-ZPass Will Soon Be Usable Throughout Central Florida & The Rest Of The State - Your Mileage May Vary

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec