TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Florida Sun Pass Transponder?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Big Toys, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

I like this idea, if it works, I am willing to try anything at this point, plate read is well leaving a lot to be desired and the governor has gotten involved recently on this and I cannot keep up with the story.

2. Footer

Footer Member

I mount mine horizontally with one suction cup in the black and one in the clear glass. Works great.

For I-Pass I mount it vertically completely in the black.

September 2016 build 90D.

3. Theflash95

Theflash95 Member

I haven't had my transponder in the car for years... just make sure your vehicle and plate are registered correctly in your account and they'll charge you via the plate. Price is the same as using the transponder.

Attached Files:

4. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

The New Governor recently suspended all tolls for "Plate Read" because the system is broken and has been erroneously charging exorbitant high fees to many including me since this subcontractor installed this new toll system software last year. Some into the thousands of dollars refuted down to under $100 if you analyze.

Not sure where its at this point. You would only notice it though if you use the TP quite a bit and not just two enter and exit points. Registering all correctly does not mean it necessarily works well these days. It is nice it has been free I think for a bit here if I understand it right.