Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Tesla Enthusiasts (FTE) club sign-up page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Welcome to the sign-up page for the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts club also known as TESLA OWNERS FLORIDA.

Purpose:
The purpose of the club is to permit Florida Tesla Motors enthusiasts to meet, exchange information, educate, and advocate for various electric vehicle-related causes.

Eligibility:
The club is open to permanent or part-time Florida residents who own Tesla Motors vehicles, have reservations for Tesla Motors vehicles, folks considering the purchase of a Tesla, or fans of the cars and/or company. Whereas the vast majority of members own or have a Tesla vehicle on order, owning a Tesla vehicle is not an eligibility requirement.

Scope:
We have over 700 individual members enrolled throughout the state of Florida. Our membership is grouped into regions (Southwest, Southeast, Central, Northeast, and Panhandle). It is our practice to organize club events to coincide with official Tesla Motors events, as well as conduct independent club events throughout the state.

Our annual dues start at $18 per individual or $27 per household of up to three family members.

If you are interested in joining our club, please click on the following link.

Florida Tesla Enthusiasts Club

This will take you to our website where you can register with our club by clicking on the Join Us link. After completing our club's online registration process you will gain full access to our website's Members-Only functions.

Private Charging Network
As one of those Member's-Only functions, we have established a private Florida Tesla Enthusiasts Charging Network. Our membership is distributed all over the state and this network includes those club members who have agreed to share their home and/or business charging source with other traveling members who have also agreed to share their home and/or business charging source. We currently have 85 locations that are enrolled in this network.

Here's a Google map of our club charging network coverage.

FTE Charging Network small.jpg

Florida Tesla Enthusiasts' participation on TMC
The majority of our club members are also registered members of this on-line forum, the Tesla Motors Club (TMC). If you are signed in as a guest and haven’t registered yet, the Tesla Motors Club (TMC) on-line forum is a great place to chat about Tesla and exchange information. I strongly encourage you to register at Tesla Motors Club.

If you register at TMC, please make sure that you enter your screen name (username) as part of our club's optional registration information. If you do I will send you an electronic invitation to join our club’s private discussion group here on TMC. (You must first register at TMC to obtain a username, completing our club's registration will not set up your TMC username.)

If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] as well.

Regards,

Larry Chanin
President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Facebook: Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

FTE TOF signature.jpg

© Florida Tesla Enthusiasts, Inc.is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc.
Also known as TESLA OWNERS FLORIDA

The use of the trademarked name "Tesla" in our club name is strictly for the nominative purposes of description and identification as granted by the Lanham Act for fair use of trademarks. The use of their trademarked name is in no way intended to imply any legal business affiliation with Tesla Motors, Inc.

Our club participates in the Tesla Owners Club Program. While it is recognized and sanctioned by Tesla Motors through the program, it is an independent social club and it does not have a business affiliation with Tesla Motors, Inc. Florida Tesla Enthusiasts, Inc.,is registered with the Florida Department of State as a non-profit organization. It is also registered with the Florida Department of State to do business in Florida as TESLA OWNERS FLORIDA.

Attachments

• FTE Charging Network.jpg
    FTE Charging Network.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
There is a private Florida Tesla Motors Club forum available in the Groups section

TMC has enabled a new Groups feature which permits forum members to establish private local group discussions. This will assist us in conducting private Florida Tesla Motors Club business or organizing club events.

I have established a Florida Tesla Motors Club Group. Access to content on this Group is private. Nigel and I will be moderating this Group and I will be authorizing who can access it. Therefore, we should be able to post contact information knowing that only club members will see it.

We now have 296 households that are members of the club. Our membership, while concentrated in key areas, are nevertheless spread across the entire Sunshine State. We have organized events either in Sarasota, or nearby the Tesla store. We will continue to organize major club events to coincide with official Tesla events. However, we also want to encourage individual club members to contact nearby members and initiate spontaneous local meet-ups, etc.

This new Florida Tesla Motors Club Group feature will make it possible for an individual member to post a suggested meet-up, rally or event, and securely provide the time and place. Home addresses or phone numbers can be posted and this information will only be shared with Florida Tesla Motors Club members (who are also TMC members).

If you are a Florida Tesla Motors Club member who has recently registered with TMC, please let me know what your screen name is so that I can invite you to join the private Group.

To access the Groups feature select "Community" for the main menu then Groups. You should see the Florida Tesla Motors Club Group. If you have been invited to join the group and have accepted, you will be able to view the posted private discussions and you will be able to start your own.

This Group feature should be reserved for private Florida Tesla Motors Club events and club business. For public discussions of Florida EV issues, please post inthe Florida sub-forum. If you have any questions, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Larry Chanin

Last edited:
Larry, I am new to TMC . I am a model s reservation holder living in Orlando. I am encouraged to see so many early adopters to the world of tesla. I would like to have access to the florida tesla motors club

Larry, I am new to TMC . I am a model s reservation holder living in Orlando. I am encouraged to see so many early adopters to the world of tesla. I would like to have access to the florida tesla motors club

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. We have a few club members in your area.

Please email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a survey to collect contact information and your interests. In your email please provide your actual name and your screen name (c2tb).

Regards,

Larry

Our little club is growing

For those following this thread I'm proud to say that membership is growing nicely. We now have over 296 households who are members.

I want to emphasize that partime, as well as permanent residents of Florida are eligible to join our club.

Larry

Last edited:
Howdy! Not sure if this is the best spot, but I figured I would introduce myself :)
I hold the reservation for #11,902 - a P85 w/air suspension supposedly being delivered in the Feb 1 - 15 range.

I figure the Tesla will help balance out the 5mpg average of my 68 Firebird 400!

Looking forward to being a part of the club!

Cheers,
Liam

Howdy! Not sure if this is the best spot, but I figured I would introduce myself :)
I hold the reservation for #11,902 - a P85 w/air suspension supposedly being delivered in the Feb 1 - 15 range.

I figure the Tesla will help balance out the 5mpg average of my 68 Firebird 400!

Looking forward to being a part of the club!

Cheers,
Liam

Welcome Liam,

I've sent you our survey and some club materials and I sent you an electronic invitation to our private discussion group.

Ah yes, back in the day when my wife and I were dating she had a 69' Firebird with a 6.6 l engine.

Regards,

Larry