Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Tesla Enthusiasts (FTE) club sign-up page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will continue to organize major club events to coincide with official Tesla events. However, we also want to encourage individual club members to contact nearby members and initiate spontaneous local meet-ups, etc.

Anyone interested in meeting up and taking their Model S out on the NASCAR track in Homestead?

Car Wash and Ride at Homestead Miami Speedway
Car Wash and Ride - Homestead-Miami Speedway

I just wanted to provide an update regarding the status of the Florida Tesla Motors Club.

Currently we have over 160 households across the state of Florida that are members in the club. Of that number 100 of our club members have registered here on the Tesla Motors Club (TMC) not affiliated with our club. Of those 100 members, 85 are also members of our private discussion groups here at TMC.

With the current size and geographical distribution of the club it is not feasible for me to organize all events across the state. Therefore, members are encouraged to initiate local events among nearby members. This can be done by posting in this thread, (as Rodolfo has done in the previous posting), by starting individual threads in the public Florida discussion groups for each proposed event, or starting threads in our private club discussion group here at TMC. Another approach is to consult our membership list and send emails announcing local events to other nearby members, please cc: me as well.

For full-time or part-time Florida residents who are interested in joining the club, please contact me directly at [email protected]. Please provide your full name, TMC screen name and city.

Regards,

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club

Last edited:
My name is Lee and I met Larry as well as a few other forum members at an electric car event today at USF. While not a Tesla Model S owner, I think it's an awe inspiring car and I'm a big fan of electric cars in general. I do own a Chevy Volt which is my "starting point" so to speak with electric cars. I hope to one day be able to have a Model S in my garage, but for the time being I will just have to be jealous of all of yours. :biggrin:

Even though I'm not an owner, I would like to join your club. I've already emailed Larry, but I thought I'd post a quick message up here as well. It was great to meet Larry and a few of the other forum members and I look forward to interacting with more of you in the future.

My name is Lee and I met Larry as well as a few other forum members at an electric car event today at USF. While not a Tesla Model S owner, I think it's an awe inspiring car and I'm a big fan of electric cars in general. I do own a Chevy Volt which is my "starting point" so to speak with electric cars. I hope to one day be able to have a Model S in my garage, but for the time being I will just have to be jealous of all of yours. :biggrin:

Even though I'm not an owner, I would like to join your club. I've already emailed Larry, but I thought I'd post a quick message up here as well. It was great to meet Larry and a few of the other forum members and I look forward to interacting with more of you in the future.

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forums and to the Florida Tesla Motors Club.

I enjoyed chatting with you Friday at USF.

Regards,

Larry

Hi Lee (leepoffaith) and all the other FL members.

Larry just welcomed me too. Like you Lee I don't have a Tesla either. Maybe one day, but I'm a huge fan of the cars/company. I'm in Melbourne. Glad to see some members that done have Tesla's yet. At least I'm not alone. After reading a lot of the post in this FL forum it seems like a nice big family and I'm happy to be a new edition to it.

Eric.

Hi Lee (leepoffaith) and all the other FL members.

Larry just welcomed me too. Like you Lee I don't have a Tesla either. Maybe one day, but I'm a huge fan of the cars/company. I'm in Melbourne. Glad to see some members that done have Tesla's yet. At least I'm not alone. After reading a lot of the post in this FL forum it seems like a nice big family and I'm happy to be a new edition to it.

Eric.

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forums and the club. Don't forget to complete the on-line survey.

Regards,

Larry

Here is the latest status of the Florida Tesla Motors Club.

Currently we have 222 households across the state of Florida that are members in the club or are being processed for membership. Of that number 150 of our club members have registered here on the Tesla Motors Club (TMC) not affiliated with our club. Of those 150 members, 125 are also members of our private discussion groups here at TMC.

With the current size and geographical distribution of the club it is not feasible for me to organize all events across the state. Therefore, members are encouraged to initiate local events among nearby members. This can be done by posting in this thread, by starting individual threads in the public Florida discussion groups for each proposed event, or starting threads in our private club discussion group here at TMC. Another approach is to consult our membership list and send emails announcing local events to other nearby members, please cc: me as well.

For full-time or part-time Florida residents who are interested in joining the club, please contact me directly at [email protected]. Please provide your full name, TMC screen name and city.

Regards,

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club

Just asked Larry to join the FL_TMC. In meantime I am just wondering if there is a Southeast division of the club.

If yes, count me in. If not, I'm sure it will spring up soon. Dania store seems to always be booked solid for test drives and deliveries!

It would be interesting to know from Larry how many members are in southeast area.

Boca Raton mall has had a sign for a new Tesla store for a while now (although no one knows when is going to open). How fitting the store is where the old Apple store used to be? ;o)

Dania beach sales people told me they sold a lot of model S's for the Boca crowd...

I also live in Boca. Anyone interested in meet-up, events or even starting a club in the area, please let me know. I'm getting delivery on Sept. 12th.

Glad to be part of the (growing) family.

Just asked Larry to join the FL_TMC. In meantime I am just wondering if there is a Southeast division of the club.

If yes, count me in. If not, I'm sure it will spring up soon. Dania store seems to always be booked solid for test drives and deliveries!

It would be interesting to know from Larry how many members are in southeast area.

Boca Raton mall has had a sign for a new Tesla store for a while now (although no one knows when is going to open). How fitting the store is where the old Apple store used to be? ;o)

Dania beach sales people told me they sold a lot of model S's for the Boca crowd...

I also live in Boca. Anyone interested in meet-up, events or even starting a club in the area, please let me know. I'm getting delivery on Sept. 12th.

Glad to be part of the (growing) family.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome and congratulations on your imminent delivery!

We have a total of 222 households that are members or are being processed for membership. Of that number 78 members are in the Southeast region.

I received your request for membership today and if you are still interested in joining, and completing our survey I will forward our membership list to you. You are encouraged to use the list to contact nearby members to organize local meetups.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi everyone - I live in Chicago but come down here 2x a year to go to the beach and visit my folks. I hate being away from my MS and while I'm here, I drive my parent's 1990 Mercedes - a horse.... Anyways, if anyone ever wanted to swap while they visit Chicago, maybe we can work something out. It's hard being away from my Tesla! Enjoy the sun.

Hi everyone - I live in Chicago but come down here 2x a year to go to the beach and visit my folks. I hate being away from my MS and while I'm here, I drive my parent's 1990 Mercedes - a horse.... Anyways, if anyone ever wanted to swap while they visit Chicago, maybe we can work something out. It's hard being away from my Tesla! Enjoy the sun.
I have family in Chicago, maybe the next time I go out there I'll look you up and take the family for a spin