Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was assigned a VIN on 4/29 with 5/13-5/17 EDD. My EDD changed to 5/22-5/26 today. I’m dealing with Eatonville so I have zero hope of informative communication.
You have more Info then they do. When they receive the car they will go over it and then give you your 3 Day window. The way Tesla is setup you will only get communication from a SA when something happens. They don't inform you if something doesn't happen so don't get annoyed when you don't hear anything. :)

Reactions: voxel
I’m not giving an
You have more Info then they do. When they receive the car they will go over it and then give you your 3 Day window. The way Tesla is setup you will only get communication from a SA when something happens. They don't inform you if something doesn't happen so don't get annoyed when you don't hear anything. :)
I’m not giving anyone a hard time about anything. My frustration really stems from the fact they ignored my only real question the one time I got communication from them.

I haven’t given them my insurance information because I plan on changing companies and didn’t want to start a policy before I knew my delivery date and to make sure I do get this VIN. I asked if that effected anything. Instead they told me how to apply for their loan which I’m not planning on doing and didn’t remotely ask them.

I’m also nervous about my date moving around because I have a lot going on this month and I know they are fast to reassign cars if you’re not there right away. I actually moved my dog’s surgery back two weeks because of my original EDD and now it’s in the middle of the new one.

Basically, I’m not actually upset about anything. I’m just worried.

I’m not giving an

I’m not giving anyone a hard time about anything. My frustration really stems from the fact they ignored my only real question the one time I got communication from them.

I haven’t given them my insurance information because I plan on changing companies and didn’t want to start a policy before I knew my delivery date and to make sure I do get this VIN. I asked if that effected anything. Instead they told me how to apply for their loan which I’m not planning on doing and didn’t remotely ask them.

I’m also nervous about my date moving around because I have a lot going on this month and I know they are fast to reassign cars if you’re not there right away. I actually moved my dog’s surgery back two weeks because of my original EDD and now it’s in the middle of the new one.

Basically, I’m not actually upset about anything. I’m just worried.
My point was that they don't know ANYTHING. And if they do tell you anything don't believe them

I was assigned a VIN on 4/29 with 5/13-5/17 EDD. My EDD changed to 5/22-5/26 today. I’m dealing with Eatonville so I have zero hope of informative communication.

With my last delivery (a 2022 Model 3) there I didn’t even hear from the SA at all. Granted we texted and talked lots on my first Tesla back in the fall but this time I didn’t have a trade in and I filled in everything (insurance, loan, etc) via app or website.

Two weeks after VIN sound right. You got bumped a week due to some delay. An appointment will be scheduled a week or so before delivery. You should be uploading your insurance doc and applying for a loan (if you need it) now.

i just got another update, (ordered 8/4/2021) from late August early Sept to May 18th - late May
Model Y Blue no tow package (wish I had but too late...)
Still up in air about insurance Allstate says random guess $1,700 - $1,800 per month but no figure until I get a VIN
4 tesla owners said they use Progressive
I've been with Allstate since 1971, $8,000 to park a plug in Prius since 1/4/2020 (well, 11,500 miles)(hey, got 1,273 miles on a tank) plus sunlight
been gone from TMC a few months
cannot find options to ask TSLA for loan.
how do I do insurance w/no VIN?
any downsides to progressive? 1 wreck in 51 years, Allstate jacked rates (plus 2 windshields so "excess claims")

Yes. They just want proof you have insurance on Any car. You generally can’t insure a car without a vin. I updated mine on the way to picking up the car.
I do have a VIN though. I just didn’t want to start a policy when I technically have no idea where the car is or when I would get it for sure.

I just tried to give them my current information but apparently Sate Farm doesn’t exist to them 🙃

Should I upload my current insurance policy even though I plan on changing companies? I was waiting until I scheduled a delivery to get the new policy.
Most insurance companies give you a grace period on a new car to get it insured . What happens is that they insure the car with coverage equal to that of your currently highest coverage car.

Contact your company for the grace period and to make sure they do this . When you get your vin you can create a quote and have it on standby and you can activate it if you take your car. I would never insure the car until you are sure you are going home with it

I didn’t catch that typo 🤦🏻‍♀️ That’s not what’s holding it up though. I can’t get past entering the five digit code. I’ve checked three different sources aside from my insurance card and it’s all the same. Yet the app is telling me it’s invalid. I can’t even get it to let me write out the name.

Thanks, I’ll try that on Monday when my local office opens 🙂

I do have a VIN though. I just didn’t want to start a policy when I technically have no idea where the car is or when I would get it for sure.

I just tried to give them my current information but apparently Sate Farm doesn’t exist to them 🙃

Start a quote but don't start the insurance until you've accepted the car. There are folks here (cough, cough) that have rejected their Ys... for good reason.

Tesla insurance with GEICO is pricy. My rates doubled when I bought my first Y.... they were double my other EVs (ID.4, Mach-E, RAV4 Prime) for the same coverage.

No, I even looked specifically for them when I went to look at the MYP I refused since I already had a set since september. They generally only add them where you get alot of snow and have salt/gravel in the road. Tesla's paint is soft and takes damage from these and they likely were getting calls about chips within days of picking up cars.
I'm in Buffalo NY, and they don't do it for us.

Start a quote but don't start the insurance until you've accepted the car. There are folks here (cough, cough) that have rejected their Ys... for good reason.

Tesla insurance with GEICO is pricy. My rates doubled when I bought my first Y.... they were double my other EVs (ID.4, Mach-E, RAV4 Prime) for the same coverage.
I have been with Geico for close to 20 years. I'm going to swap all my cars to progressive after I take delivery , should save me $400 without any monitoring discounts