Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just got another update, (ordered 8/4/2021) from late August early Sept to May 18th - late May
Model Y Blue no tow package (wish I had but too late...)
Still up in air about insurance Allstate says random guess $1,700 - $1,800 per month but no figure until I get a VIN
4 tesla owners said they use Progressive
I've been with Allstate since 1971, $8,000 to park a plug in Prius since 1/4/2020 (well, 11,500 miles)(hey, got 1,273 miles on a tank) plus sunlight
been gone from TMC a few months
cannot find options to ask TSLA for loan.
how do I do insurance w/no VIN?
any downsides to progressive? 1 wreck in 51 years, Allstate jacked rates (plus 2 windshields so "excess claims")
@winfield100 - Model Y Blue no tow package as long as you dont have a VIN you can add it now and not change your original price except the $1000
I just did it

Progressive and Geico have heard are okay in S Florida. You can apply for loan, even if you said you would pay cash prior. I went to Town Center Store and asked them to update account. It takes 5 minutes and then you can apply for loan. Was approved that evening. Nice option as with this market, I would rather keep more cash.

MYLR arrived at my local SC yesterday - pickup confirmed for tomorrow morning! It was over seven months from order to delivery, which was okay with me as I was in no particular rush to take delivery. My MX is in for service, and I was provided a 2020 M3 as a loaner. Fun car to drive, but I am glad that the MY will have the AMD Ryzen processor as the Intel Atom in the loaner M3 was noticeably sluggish.

I got delivery scheduled but so far everything has been all over the place

VIN assigned 4/29 with 5/13-5/17 EDD
EDD changed to 5/22-5/26 on 5/6
Scheduled Delivery on 5/8 for 5/19
I was given the prompt to enter my payment on 5/9.

The one communication I got from my DC directly said my car would be there on 5/11. I’m wondering if it did get there and it’s waiting on a part or a software update because of the recent “recall”. My VIN is a F429

First world problems and I’m not loosing any sleep over it. I just wish they would give some sort of update now and then.

I got delivery scheduled but so far everything has been all over the place

VIN assigned 4/29 with 5/13-5/17 EDD
EDD changed to 5/22-5/26 on 5/6
Scheduled Delivery on 5/8 for 5/19
I was given the prompt to enter my payment on 5/9.

The one communication I got from my DC directly said my car would be there on 5/11. I’m wondering if it did get there and it’s waiting on a part or a software update because of the recent “recall”. My VIN is a F429

First world problems and I’m not loosing any sleep over it. I just wish they would give some sort of update now and then.
On my first VIN I received my request to schedual delivery 10 days after I received the VIN so you are on the same timeline there.

When I could then schedual delivery 6-8 days later ( and they let me attempt to pick it up a day early)

Whereever you are picking up from likely has a bunch of cars to deliver so they may be going over them ans resolving any issues before you get there ( if they are any better then the Merritt Island location which doesn't even clean it up. but in any case your pickup date from schedualing looks to be about right.

As far as the payment, its optional. You can pay at pickup. I paid before I went , I didn't take delivery so when I got the next vin it already was marked paid.

On my first VIN I received my request to schedual delivery 10 days after I received the VIN so you are on the same timeline there.

When I could then schedual delivery 6-8 days later ( and they let me attempt to pick it up a day early)

Whereever you are picking up from likely has a bunch of cars to deliver so they may be going over them ans resolving any issues before you get there ( if they are any better then the Merritt Island location which doesn't even clean it up. but in any case your pickup date from schedualing looks to be about right.

As far as the payment, its optional. You can pay at pickup. I paid before I went , I didn't take delivery so when I got the next vin it already was marked paid.
I’m pick up at Eatonville. Which I’ve basically heard nothing but horror stories about since I’ve placed my order. But they’re also basically the only option for Central FL.

I paid for it when I got the link. I wanted to wire the money and make sure there wasn’t any hiccups there before delivery. I don’t quite trust Plaid and they don’t get along with my bank anyway.

I’m just praying it doesn’t get bumped back at this point. I moved doctor appointments around for myself and surgery for my dog (spay, nothing vital) twice now trying to accommodate this delivery.

I don't think you should have any issues with it being there unless there is an issue in transit which you will know of in advance. if the car is there at the lot your golden. All they do is drop the paperwork in the car. You get there you inspect the outside and when you hit accept the doors will unlock and you can go inside. ( I never made it inside) You can also ask to see the inside before you hit accept I was just more conscerned with the body and was willing to deal with any issues I found inside later.

The car I got was covered in white dust and sand . Fingerprints all over the windows and the lot was empty so either they just didn't care or they aren't suppose to. I didn't care about the dirt it just made my decision easier.

You have your vin so you can go up there a couple days before after work and walk the lot, find your car and give it a little pre-inspection

Picked up my MYLR this morning! Everything looked great on the vehicle. It drives much smoother and quieter than the 2020 M3 loaner that I have been driving while my MX is being serviced. The MY, as expected, has the AMD Ryzen processor and laminated side-glass on the front-doors only. Being dropped off for PPF and tint tomorrow.

There was another party picking up a white MY at the same time, but they were planning to reject delivery due to a paint flaw, which I did not see.

Anyone get a message from the SA asking to submit your trade in now? My window has been jumping around since January and im now sitting at May 24 - June 7th. I told them when I get a VIN ill do it but they still keep pestering me to do it. Make no sense to me to do the trade in until I get a VIN. Its not like your trade in value is locked in, they can change every time you go over 1000 miles or 30 days.

Last month 2 days before my window it jumped again

Anyone get a message from the SA asking to submit your trade in now? My window has been jumping around since January and im now sitting at May 24 - June 7th. I told them when I get a VIN ill do it but they still keep pestering me to do it. Make no sense to me to do the trade in until I get a VIN. Its not like your trade in value is locked in, they can change every time you go over 1000 miles or 30 days.

Last month 2 days before my window it jumped again

What do you mean by submit ??

You have to submit the info for the car your trading in or your profile other then that the only thing they ever asked me about the trade was to submit pictures of the odometer every month or 2 and just before delivery.

If you haven't actually submitted your car for trade then you should do it before they lock out the option, they won't keep asking.

Last edited:
What do you mean by submit ??

You have to submit the info for the car your trading in or your profile other then that the only thing they ever asked me about the trade was to submit pictures of the odometer every month or 2 and just before delivery.

If you haven't actually submitted your car for trade then you should do it before they lock out the option, they won't keep asking.
I have a trade in but I selected no - I will change it to yes once the Vin is assigned. Why do they need my trade in information now when they havent assigned a VIN?

I have a trade in but I selected no - I will change it to yes once the Vin is assigned. Why do they need my trade in information now when they havent assigned a VIN?
1) if they will take the car
2) how much they will offer you for the car

They will ask you about conditiona and damage and you need to send in picturs of any visual issues. They also ask you to take a picture of the odometer with the car running.

I removed my trade becasue it died 1 week before my first delivery attempt. I have a new VIN now and I do not have any option to add a trade any longer.

Just remember, they set the rules, they asked for the info and if they lock you out after you get your vin you may only have two weeks to fight it .
I can't see why you just don't enter the info now. you can always back out .

Reactions: Yelobird
1) if they will take the car
2) how much they will offer you for the car

They will ask you about conditiona and damage and you need to send in picturs of any visual issues. They also ask you to take a picture of the odometer with the car running.

I removed my trade becasue it died 1 week before my first delivery attempt. I have a new VIN now and I do not have any option to add a trade any longer.

Just remember, they set the rules, they asked for the info and if they lock you out after you get your vin you may only have two weeks to fight it .
I can't see why you just don't enter the info now. you can always back out .
i can do it im trading in my 2022 Model 3 - it just seems unnecessary since they keep changing the EDD and the value won't be the same in a month.