Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the 1st day of my EDD window and no schedual yet. If I don't hear anything today I may head up to the tesla dealership this weekend just to look around. I hear that Tesla is delivering cars without the chargeports to the SC's and then sending them the ports to install later.
I know the shortage of ECMs for the charging point was a big issue like 2-4 weeks ago, was wondering if it had abated. Be interesting if you do visit the SC to guage if the parking lots are bulging with Tesla's ... then I guess we'll have our answer.

I just called my dealer in Tampa, they tell me that the car is still in California, so it should take several more days, I received my vin on May 9, my window starts in 2 days but it seems it will take longer, someone in any similar situation here in Florida?
Very curious. I wonder what the forum's take is on VINs: are they created at beginning of build, or end? And generally what is the number of days between getting a VIN and getting a car?

Very curious. I wonder what the forum's take is on VINs: are they created at beginning of build, or end? And generally what is the number of days between getting a VIN and getting a car?
This one that I am waiting for is for my wife, I obtained my MYP in September 2021, I received the vin on September 18, the 19th they sent me a message to schedule an appoinment on the 26th I picked it up, that is why now this delay worries me

Reactions: FLTessie
After getting my first VIN (413K) I was asked to schedual 10 days later and would have had my car 8 days after that So a total of 18 days for that one'

This VIN (440K) I received on the 8th so I've had it 12 days , no schedualing yet and my Window for delivery started today.

The cars shouldn't be in california unless they don't have anyone to transport them.

I just called my dealer in Tampa, they tell me that the car is still in California, so it should take several more days, I received my vin on May 9, my window starts in 2 days but it seems it will take longer, someone in any similar situation here in Florida?
I got my VIN May 7 and already completed all the steps and payment for a delivery on 5/22. So far I have not heard from Tesla at all. I'm hoping that means everything is on track for Sunday delivery in Miami. 🤞🙄🤞

Reactions: Horty4
Been on a charge port hold since May 5th and my EDD has shifted 1 day out everyday since then…safe to say the charge port issue hasn’t been abated yet 🥲 no calls, no texts from tesla after my initial contact about why my EDD gets shifted a day each day. They say “any day you should get a text for delivery”…been two weeks!

WPB location

Reactions: voxel and Horty4
Picked up today and car is flawless, went thru the checklist and couldn't find a single thing wrong with it.

Pick up was fast and easy and i went about an hour early and it was ready.

Already outfitted with the weather mats
and some center console trays, now waiting on the trunk bins and trunk mat.

next is order the hitch since taking this one early meant no hitch, and i was ok with that.