Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR - I think its the security system doing it but I am losing about 9 miles, I dont know what % that is, of range per 12 hours of the car sitting. Just a note that if I plan on leaving it at an airport for an extended time - I am going to do a 100% charge prior to that. If its left in a non-covered garage in the summer you will lose a lot more in Florida with the internal temps going above 105 and the safety system kicks in. I dont like the options I have read about disabling the security system at airports.

If I lose 18 miles a day with only the security system on that could put me in a bad pace when I get back. From what I have read Ft. Lauderdale Airport does not have public chargers, they are only available if you valet.
Ya, you lose 1mi/hr with sentry mode enabled. On my last trip I just turned sentry mode off at the airport and parked near a camera. No issues and plenty of charge when we got back.

You can always enable it through the app remotely if you want or to check the live view cameras.

Reactions: Tezlowski
Currently it is 72 degrees. @ 10am and my internal temp is saying its 90, according to the app. I cant imagine what its going to be in the summer when we are hitting the high 90's
I am not a fan of dark tint on the car - it looks nice but my Camaro had it and its horrible at night. I would have to roll down the windows at crosswalks to make sure nobody was coming before i drove off so i wouldnt run over a kid.

another thing about tint is that other states have different laws, like VA, they can pull you over and ticket you even though you don't live in their state for tint that exceeds their requirement. I was pulled over 3 times in VA when I lived in MD and had to pay fines.
I tinted the windows and love it, ceramic tint helps a lot. You can vent the windows if it’s a nice day out.

In terms of tint being too dark, you can use the screen and cameras as a backup if needed. I did 15% and I can still see out but find myself relying on the screen more anyway.

Currently it is 72 degrees. @ 10am and my internal temp is saying its 90, according to the app. I cant imagine what its going to be in the summer when we are hitting the high 90's
I am not a fan of dark tint on the car - it looks nice but my Camaro had it and its horrible at night. I would have to roll down the windows at crosswalks to make sure nobody was coming before i drove off so i wouldnt run over a kid.

another thing about tint is that other states have different laws, like VA, they can pull you over and ticket you even though you don't live in their state for tint that exceeds their requirement. I was pulled over 3 times in VA when I lived in MD and had to pay fines.
Oh yeah, with the Tesla’s rear windows already shaded dark, it can get a lot darker with extra tint but you don’t have to go dark to get the heat rejection.
We tinted my wife’s MY windshield 70% which you can’t really see but you can definitely feel the difference with the heat.

Reactions: voxel
Just wanted to let people who, like me, dont have PPF or ceramic coat and are not going to get it. I waxed the car with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and the bug splats come off with no issues with a wet cloth. I understand it doesnt protect for chips and other stuff but this option works for me. It also has UV protection. My plan is to wax every other week to keep the car covered in fresh wax.
I’ve been doing this since I got my M3 and still no issues with paint. My Chevy had marks the first week I took it on the highway. I have to give them credit, the paint isn’t that bad.

Also, I’m the proud father of a new 2022 MY taking delivery on Dec 9th.

They are legit not giving anyone time. She said she tried to hold it but corporate is blocking them. They are forcing to take the VIN but oh well. Going to enjoy this bad boy until my MS comes (unless my love grows too much and I hold the MS and really piss them off).

M3LR - I think its the security system doing it but I am losing about 9 miles, I dont know what % that is, of range per 12 hours of the car sitting. Just a note that if I plan on leaving it at an airport for an extended time - I am going to do a 100% charge prior to that. If its left in a non-covered garage in the summer you will lose a lot more in Florida with the internal temps going above 105 and the safety system kicks in. I dont like the options I have read about disabling the security system at airports.

If I lose 18 miles a day with only the security system on that could put me in a bad pace when I get back. From what I have read Ft. Lauderdale Airport does not have public chargers, they are only available if you valet.
Turns off Sentry mode. That’s the biggest juice killer. Also disable TeslaFi or 3rd party tele,try systems so your car can sleep. Sentry ate the most juice for me.

Reactions: Vladimir*22

They are legit not giving anyone time. She said she tried to hold it but corporate is blocking them. They are forcing to take the VIN but oh well. Going to enjoy this bad boy until my MS comes (unless my love grows too much and I hold the MS and really piss them off).

You will love the car. Model Ys are sweet.

Unsure how long my August order will hold for. Supposedly until late March but no idea if the new rule change will force me to accept something in Dec/Jan/Feb. Have not gotten an threatening e-mail yet.

Reactions: Ormond
You will love the car. Model Ys are sweet.

Unsure how long my August order will hold for. Supposedly until late March but no idea if the new rule change will force me to accept something in Dec/Jan/Feb. Have not gotten an threatening e-mail yet.
Yeah I know I’ll love it, just idk if my love for the MS will be stronger since I still haven’t driven the new one lol. Also, it seems to be any orders that got the super low rates. Is your model y below $52,000

Reactions: Ormond and voxel
Yeah I know I’ll love it, just idk if my love for the MS will be stronger since I still haven’t driven the new one lol. Also, it seems to be any orders that got the super low rates. Is your model y below $52,000

$54K base plus color and interior premium.

Folks in the August thread have EDDs all over December and some in early Jan (my last EDD was late Jan). Since mine is the red color I expect it later than other orders given history. I suspect Tesla isn’t eyeing me because my EDD was 2022 originally. My hold is until end of March and given what has transpired I won’t be able to extend.

I picked up the Model Y today. The MY looked pretty good overall. Perhaps the frunk and hatch could be aligned a bit better, but not too bad. I had (have) a couple noob questions/issues, but I’ll ask in the MY Noob sub-forum. I had some delivery issues, but I had time to inspect the car fairly well. It didn’t take long for the cameras to calibrate, so I used the autopilot on the highway on my trip home.

Now I’m waiting on my Model S order. I hope it arrives next year. If I really like the Y, I may just cancel the MS.

I’ve been doing this since I got my M3 and still no issues with paint. My Chevy had marks the first week I took it on the highway. I have to give them credit, the paint isn’t that bad.

Oh wow. Congrats then. I placed my order on hold a few weeks ago till 12/20. They haven’t reached out yet but I guess I’m not an old order and haven’t been on hold longer than 6 months.

Now I’m waiting on my Model S order. I hope it arrives next year. If I really like the Y, I may just cancel the MS.
Don't ever cancel. @Samier_RN or me would probably like to take over your reservation :)

Oh, if you find issues create a service appointment. Technically they allow 100 miles or 24-48 hours(?). Take photos and upload to service appointment.

Ya, you lose 1mi/hr with sentry mode enabled. On my last trip I just turned sentry mode off at the airport and parked near a camera. No issues and plenty of charge when we got back.

You can always enable it through the app remotely if you want or to check the live view cameras.
for some reason I dont have the camera on the app - maybe because I havent been updated yet.

I picked up the Model Y today. The MY looked pretty good overall. Perhaps the frunk and hatch could be aligned a bit better, but not too bad. I had (have) a couple noob questions/issues, but I’ll ask in the MY Noob sub-forum. I had some delivery issues, but I had time to inspect the car fairly well. It didn’t take long for the cameras to calibrate, so I used the autopilot on the highway on my trip home.

Yeah, if you have a cheaper MS I’ll gladly take it lolololol mine is $89,990

for some reason I dont have the camera on the app - maybe because I havent been updated yet.
You need the newest software update. I cannot remember which it is. 2021.36 is what I have and it’s 1 update shy of the camera on app.

Reactions: Vladimir*22