Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please recommend a service center between one of the three following: West Palm Beach, Delray or Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately my experiences thus far are not favorable and I’ve heard poor comments on all three. Trying to at least avoid more issues by using a poor service center.
Thank you.
Max
WPB looks like a more legitimate service center than Delray, but it's right down the street from me so I went there. They addressed all my issues but they're horrible with communication.

Alright, finally getting around to updating. We picked up my wife's MY today at Tampa. So so in terms of smoothness.
First, we found out our trade was valued $800 more than was used for our order yesterday and Tesla was having issues applying the updated trade in. Got there this morning and they wanted us to sign and go. Good thing I had a print out of the valuation because the delivery guy had no clue what was happening. He had to go do something to fix that which took over an hour!!! We used that time to inspect the car.
Everything was fine for the most part. A 1cm scratch on the bumper, the rear bumper paint was mismatched, looked cream compared to the body, a scratch on one of the inside door panels and they left tape in 3 different parts of the roof and a strip of rubber hanging out in one of the side trunk spaces. Service ticket is in for those but no dates till a month away.
The delivery guy came to look at the trunk rubber, took a picture and said he was going to check on what it was. After 30 mins of waiting, we go look for him to ask what's up. He was like "oh you can leave, you're good to go". Like what happened to giving us an update on what you were checking and we never even processed the trade in at that time. They hadn't taken the old keys or switched plates. Took about 3 hours in total. 16 new cars showed up while we were there, mostly white MYLRs, a few MYPs and a couple 3s.

One thing's been bugging us though. The car makes this loud hum whenever you do anything. Open the door and the hum starts even after you leave. I haven't waited enough to see when it stops but it's annoying, It's pretty loud and changes pitch often. We put that in the service ticket too.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Alright, finally getting around to updating. We picked up my wife's MY today at Tampa. So so in terms of smoothness.
First, we found out our trade was valued $800 more than was used for our order yesterday and Tesla was having issues applying the updated trade in. Got there this morning and they wanted us to sign and go. Good thing I had a print out of the valuation because the delivery guy had no clue what was happening. He had to go do something to fix that which took over an hour!!! We used that time to inspect the car.
Everything was fine for the most part. A 1cm scratch on the bumper, the rear bumper paint was mismatched, looked cream compared to the body, a scratch on one of the inside door panels and they left tape in 3 different parts of the roof and a strip of rubber hanging out in one of the side trunk spaces. Service ticket is in for those but no dates till a month away.
The delivery guy came to look at the trunk rubber, took a picture and said he was going to check on what it was. After 30 mins of waiting, we go look for him to ask what's up. He was like "oh you can leave, you're good to go". Like what happened to giving us an update on what you were checking and we never even processed the trade in at that time. They hadn't taken the old keys or switched plates. Took about 3 hours in total. 16 new cars showed up while we were there, mostly white MYLRs, a few MYPs and a couple 3s.

One thing's been bugging us though. The car makes this loud hum whenever you do anything. Open the door and the hum starts even after you leave. I haven't waited enough to see when it stops but it's annoying, It's pretty loud and changes pitch often. We put that in the service ticket too.

I really appreciate your take on your Tampa delivery experience. You gotta go there prepared for any eventuality. Take pictures, note everything. That's where I'm picking up mine.
Tesla needs to much more work on the "back office" operation and spend some money there.

Look what's in the parking lot at Giga Austin...
Credit: Jeff Roberts...
Screenshot_20210917-084253_YouTube.jpg

Look what's in the parking lot at Giga Austin...
Credit: Jeff Roberts...
View attachment 710466
Just shooting in the dark hear but maybe everyone’s EDD is disappearing because Tesla is gearing up to start delivering from Giga Texas thus suspending deliveries till its ready to do so. That said, would find that not the best coarse of action as why kill your fourth quarter deliveries when Fremont is up and running…. Either way, looks like Giga Texas will be producing cars sooner than critics predict . There are always issues that come up with such a massive undertaking but assuming they dont run into any major unforeseen hurdles.

I picked up at Jax yesterday, MYP, black, tow hitch. It went smooth but it took over 2 hours because they recently started providing hard tags and printing decals. However, there was some technical difficulties that held mine up and ended up getting a paper tag. I took the time to get acclimated and the drive back to Tallahassee was great. So far so good.

I picked up at Jax yesterday, MYP, black, tow hitch. It went smooth but it took over 2 hours because they recently started providing hard tags and printing decals. However, there was some technical difficulties that held mine up and ended up getting a paper tag. I took the time to get acclimated and the drive back to Tallahassee was great. So far so good.
Congratulations for running the obstacle course and exiting with your MYP.
👍

Reactions: big_coop