Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat (happened today)! OD 8/26

Unless something significant has occurred in their supply chain, I am thinking the delivery will eventually return to the original dates of 12/7 - 22
I ordered a MYLR black/black 7 seater with 20" wheels on 9/7 -- filled out all portions needed to be in ASAP line. EDD was January at time of purchase. EDD disappeared after purchase. EDD reappeared this morning and it says March :(

I hope this changes because I need a car in January.

My Aug 21 order got pushed to March .
March is most likely the default month as it’s the last month of the quarter. Leaving no date is not technically feasible or good for the image. As Tesla sorts out production batches by colors/options plus those with completed profiles or a matching car frees up an update to the EED will reappear. Tesla wants as many cars delivered as possible. They whirl love to continue to breaks previous sakes records.
I wonder how many Tesla buyers considered alternate EV brands, GM Bolt, VW (ID 3 or 4), Audi ETron (Q7 or 5), Ford (Mach E), Volvo. I won’t put Lucid on there as the price point is not in the same league as the model Y. I didn’t bother to check out any of the competitors knowing I wanted the Tesla (hate the service-love the car and the company).

EDD finally came back. Only went further a week. Loving the M3SR+ LFP now that I can just keep it juice to 100% without worry and drives wonderful for being just single motor RWD. Tampa delivery location was PACKED full of cars and people taking delivery so even though many people may not be on this forum, tons are getting delivery. I at least saw 20+ MY in the front and who knows how many more in the tower garage and in back. Experience was fine and in and out within 30 minutes.

Curious about October and if Texas will begin slowly producing. I know we will not see fully production until next year but seeing what it gets will determine if I hold next month and wait because I am not concerned for the batteries (still very little news so doubt this year or even early next) but more so getting a Texas model.

ps I saw at least 8 people drive off in Plaids. My heart ❤️ love that yoke.

Last edited:
Woke up to a VIN this morning! Prior EDD was 10-30 Oct. This morning, a VIN in the 26XXXX range, EDD now 23-26 Sept. Looks like part of the end of quarter push.
Congratulations, I am also in Florida (Tampa) I received the VIN yesterday and they gave me an appointment to pick up on the 27th at 10 am, the bad thing is that I cannot go because I will be out of town until October 2,

Reactions: MattDJupiter
Mine moved BACKWARDS two months. It just says “October” now. It use to be the end of December. I’ll be pissed if I don’t get a 2.0 or tax credit. 🤬
I think we are all good with the tax credit now in reconciliation. Tax credit off our 2021 returns.

As for the 2.0, who knows what is happening in Austin. There's a lot of chess pieces moving around.
I'm assuming a v 1.5, and I'm more than happy.

Cheers!

I think we are all good with the tax credit now in reconciliation. Tax credit off our 2021 returns.

As for the 2.0, who knows what is happening in Austin. There's a lot of chess pieces moving around.
I'm assuming a v 1.5, and I'm more than happy.

Cheers!
I think we are already on V1.5 with the +‘s being single rear casting, AC heat pump, heated steering wheels and -‘s being no radar, passenger lumbar, and g-d only knows how many sub brand fill in chips are currently being used to cover the shortages…..

I think you are looking at more like a V1.75 with the addition of the single front casting plus co-related updateds and possibly the newer style front door cards with the wrap around wood trim like those in China. My guess is the updated batteries will be end of Q1 2022 But Tesla has surprised everyone in the past so who knows. One thing is certain, everyday that Giga Texas not operational its costing the company only rather then generating revenue.