Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big price changes yet again. Gosh I’m so happy I ordered in 2020 when it was $49,000. Also looks like my m3 SR+ just got a $2000 price increase so hoping my trade in jumps now 😈 but the performance finally saw an increase. Guess they are getting ready for the tax break coming (we hope). Who knows, sure is interesting though.

Tesla price increases that took place yesterday night

More YT videos later today have mentioned the front castings. It's just not plausible they are coming from Fremont. Fremont must shutdown to reconfig for the front casting. I will wager that is an unmentioned contributor in MDY delivery times extending so far, so fast (Jan -Apr).

I watch Tegmyer and Texas Terrafactory to keep pace with the progress there. I also think they announce Austin startup tomorrow at the Q3 summit.

Roll the dice. Do us east coasters get a late Fremont or early Austin. MDY?
Any more EDD delays could deliver to us a front/rear cast MDY with a 2022 VIN, and I'm fine with that.
I say we get a 2022 VIN. I would say anyone with a November date. I’m really hoping mine gets pushed back now lol. But that’s my prediction.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
My friend from Mi completed before me and had a date sooner than me until last month when I was beating him but now I’m really beating him cause his is showing February-March. Anyone here notice a huge jump backwards? I haven’t heard too much from the stockholders but seems like they are focusing with Texas for model y and Fremont for everything else but model y. It’s weird and I told him could just be a glitch and not to worry but is a little concerning.

Shareholder meeting over and on YouTube. Nothing about model y at Texas and batteries at Texas is not happening till next year. Going to be an interesting end of the year now. I’m more curious to see what we get.

Last edited:
My late-late August order is holding steady at Dec 7-27th which is the worst time for me because I’m usually in Austin for most of Dec visiting family. Maybe I could pick up my Model Y there :)
My EDD moved up today, it’s now at 11/24-12/22.

I also went ahead and ordered a tri motor cybertruck just incase Tesla starts messing with the prices as they get into production. Fully refundable. $100 hedge seems reasonable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My EDD moved up today, it’s now at 11/24-12/22.

I also went ahead and ordered a tri motor cybertruck just incase Tesla starts messing with the prices as they get into production. Fully refundable. $100 hedge seems reasonable. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Smart move (I did the same) because things are going to look crazy when they start working on those and I feel a price jump for a bit. Honestly though, during that shareholders, Elon is looking to keep the cars affordable and getting those costs down as well. So, hopefully that stays true because that is what makes Tesla most appealing. I give lucid a ton of credit and love the look but $150k+ is crazy and until that $80k models out I don’t know who truly has the most affordable luxury car for the price. I love good competition, it’s really a win for the consumers to get the best products.

Last edited:
Smart move (I did the same) because things are going to look crazy when they start working on those and I feel a price jump for a bit. Honestly though, during that shareholders, Elon is looking to keep the cars affordable and getting those costs down as well. So, hopefully that stays true because that is what makes Tesla most appealing. I give lucid a ton of credit and love the look but $150k+ is crazy and until that $80k models out I don’t know who truly has the most affordable luxury car for the price. I love good competition, it’s really a win for the consumers to get the best products.
The way I see it the tri motor cybertruck is currently a steal. The hummer is literally twice the price and the rivian essentially starts more and gets ridiculously overpriced really quick too. It’s almost as if Tesla is leaving money on the table. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What's the ETA on the first builds? Early 2022? Mid 2022? I am somewhat patient... but not that patient :)

I could just accept the MYLR, put in another order, and sell/trade the older MYLR when the new one is ready :)

At the meeting...first Austin builds early in 2022 ramping up to full production by end of 2022. I read elsewhere in this community that you sure can decline a car, but get to back of the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel
Order MYP on Oct 5th right before price increase. White with white exterior. Current EDD is Nov21-Dec19.
I'm in the Fort Lauderdale Area.
Welcome!
And stock up on antacids. Plus keep a sense of humor about your delivery dates disappearing for a week, moved forward, then disappears again, reappearing 2 weeks later with an EDD +2 months.
Repeat 2 more times.

June and some early July orders are now arriving for delivery.

Welcome!
And stock up on antacids. Plus keep a sense of humor about your delivery dates disappearing for a week, moved forward, then disappears again, reappearing 2 weeks later with an EDD +2 months.
Repeat 2 more times.

June and some early July orders are now arriving for delivery.
Thanks!
I know the feeling. I ordered a new 36' Center Console August of 2020 and it just now went into the mold so I learned to be patient and accept when it comes as nothing this year has been on time.

At the meeting...first Austin builds early in 2022 ramping up to full production by end of 2022.

I read elsewhere in this community that you sure can decline a car, but get to back of the line.

I also heard if you put a hold for too long (12 months) they can cancel your order.

I visited the Orlando/Eatonville center today with a bunch of questions. Any change triggers an automatic recent $1K increase in addition to the change price. If I'm not available during the 3-day window I will get the next unassigned VIN/car with the same config (I could be delayed by a month or more). My EDD has held firm Dec 7-27. Some of you have had it moved up but not mine.

The only delay I'm willing to accept is if the EV bill gets passed and Tesla is eligible for the $7500 credit.