Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla can raise the base price of a MYLR to $60k
AND
Have an EV crossover that only approaches the next lowest upscale EV in price...
PLUS..... You still have a Tesla.

Consider also, that today's price hike waters down further any "potential" $7.5k tax credit. Expect every other EV builder to do the same when demand outstrips supply causing similar delays.

Last edited:
Tesla can raise the base price of a MYLR to $60k
AND
Have an EV crossover that only approaches the next lowest upscale EV in price...
PLUS..... You still have a Tesla.

Consider also, that today's price hike waters down further any "potential" $7.5k tax credit. Expect every other EV builder to do the same when demand outstrips supply causing similar delays.
I’m so glad I paid the lowest price for my MY and current M3SR+ I am curious since I have LFP and it’s sort of a rare pack, if I could get more for it lol. Also, I see that all the dates are crazy long, I would NOT hold a car for any reason at this point unless you don’t mind this time next year to get your car and remember who knows how worst or better these issues can get.

But I’m just shocked, nearly $10k increase for the MYLR 😱😱😱it goes to show how much people are switching from gas to electric though. Gas is still on the rise and Tesla did say they are doubling super charger stations. But just crazy to see the LR and P prices are now not a big difference. Frankly, if I was a new buyer I’d get the P.

You know what I wish Tesla would lower the price on, FSD. I was recently thinking, how does the neuro-net get smarter? If it requires the use if FSD, wouldn’t it be better to make it affordable to all to help speed up the AI? Just my outside thinking, curious if anyone knows.

One more added fun question. With prices increasing so much. If you got your car and found out you could sell it for $65,000…would you do it to get a model S or X? I will be completely honest. I’m actually really thinking about doing this because I essentially would only be paying 15,000 for a model S and 25,000 for an X. I really wish I locked in the price of the car for the model S when it was 69,420.

Last edited:
One more added fun question. With prices increasing so much. If you got your car and found out you could sell it for $65,000…would you do it to get a model S or X?
There's can afford and being reasonable. Sure I could possibly afford a S but my insurance will nearly double with a Y and that would probably jump even more with S. And I typically drive only 10K a year.

I'm already paranoid about taking my future Y to fast food places and tight parking lots... lol. Mainly because I think folks think Teslas are luxury cars and want to scratch them. Can't imagine the key-scratch anxiety with an S (maybe same for X - I saw one at a SC and spoke to the owner this past Wed... it's not that big).

With the M3SR+ price increase, I'm very tempted to take delivery of mine next week... drive it for a month (along with the Y) and flip it for my OTD price. Free car!

Reactions: Samier_RN
There's can afford and being reasonable. Sure I could possibly afford a S but my insurance will nearly double with a Y and that would probably jump even more with S. And I typically drive only 10K a year.

I'm already paranoid about taking my future Y to fast food places and tight parking lots... lol. Mainly because I think folks think Teslas are luxury cars and want to scratch them. Can't imagine the key-scratch anxiety with an S (maybe same for X - I saw one at a SC and spoke to the owner this past Wed... it's not that big).

With the M3SR+ price increase, I'm very tempted to take delivery of mine next week... drive it for a month (along with the Y) and flip it for my OTD price. Free car!
Oh, I completely agree with the reasonable and what I can afford. I’m also looking at long-term, a car that I will keep for 10 years but what would retain value the most? In my head, let’s be honest, the model Y will not startt this price forever and will tank back to normal but the model S and X possibly will still be the same. I mean the S used to be $20,000 cheaper but idk lol lol. But again thanks for the input, so hard to wonder if I should drop 100 bucks on a model S or X. Personally I’ve always wanted the model X but that price was just super unattainable. I’ve never driven in an S though.

Do I leave this room now that I’m not waiting? :)

Goodbye ID.4, Hello Model Y!

I’m thinking I don’t need a red/white because everything in this car is pretty sweet already.

Delivery was smooth and painless. I did notice a few small fit and finish issues as other videos have pointed related to gaps but I’m not bothering with fixing those. The only one that affects me the brake pedal play. Too many joyriders I’m certain!!!

For 900+ miles it looked perfect inside.

Attachments

• EF2C59C9-3885-4A67-B94E-00B37AD758EB.jpeg
    EF2C59C9-3885-4A67-B94E-00B37AD758EB.jpeg
    584.4 KB · Views: 47
  • BB35BD28-EFD2-4D0F-9782-6AD015216C30.jpeg
    BB35BD28-EFD2-4D0F-9782-6AD015216C30.jpeg
    858.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DDFBEB8A-733A-492F-AE24-20FC58BF685C.jpeg
    DDFBEB8A-733A-492F-AE24-20FC58BF685C.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 32
I’m so glad I paid the lowest price for my MY and current M3SR+ I am curious since I have LFP and it’s sort of a rare pack, if I could get more for it lol. Also, I see that all the dates are crazy long, I would NOT hold a car for any reason at this point unless you don’t mind this time next year to get your car and remember who knows how worst or better these issues can get.

But I’m just shocked, nearly $10k increase for the MYLR 😱😱😱it goes to show how much people are switching from gas to electric though. Gas is still on the rise and Tesla did say they are doubling super charger stations. But just crazy to see the LR and P prices are now not a big difference. Frankly, if I was a new buyer I’d get the P.

You know what I wish Tesla would lower the price on, FSD. I was recently thinking, how does the neuro-net get smarter? If it requires the use if FSD, wouldn’t it be better to make it affordable to all to help speed up the AI? Just my outside thinking, curious if anyone knows.

One more added fun question. With prices increasing so much. If you got your car and found out you could sell it for $65,000…would you do it to get a model S or X? I will be completely honest. I’m actually really thinking about doing this because I essentially would only be paying 15,000 for a model S and 25,000 for an X. I really wish I locked in the price of the car for the model S when it was 69,420.
I don’t think the neural net requires you to be using FSD in order to “get better;” I think they just need vehicles on the road ingesting all that data and reporting back. FSD/autopilot need not be engaged. I could be wrong though… I haven’t really watched any technical videos on it.

Reactions: Samier_RN

I’m thinking I don’t need a red/white because everything in this car is pretty sweet already.

Delivery was smooth and painless. I did notice a few small fit and finish issues as other videos have pointed related to gaps but I’m not bothering with fixing those. The only one that affects me the brake pedal play. Too many joyriders I’m certain!!!

Congratulations! 👌🏻😄

Congrats Voxel...
Don't go too far. I plan to start going to meet-ups and take road trips to the Cape for SpaceX launches.

Post a photo of you sleeping in the car overnight.
😀

I seriously thought of that a few days ago. Flip the car, and buy a MS. Temptation was squashed with the +$5k hike.

The MY is still underpriced relative to their competition. It's not out of the question that I talk Mrs. Hurricane out of her Honda CRV next year.
😎

Congrats Voxel...
Don't go too far. I plan to start going to meet-ups and take road trips to the Cape for SpaceX launches.

Post a photo of you sleeping in the car overnight.
😀

there is a Falcon Heavy in january, but landing on drone ships.

we saw ArabSat6 launch & landing back at the cape, April 11, 2019, around 6:30pm
intense, over in 10 minutes though from launch to landing (we finally just parked off the street and zipped to the beach S of the cape)
the 2 side cores landed back at the Cape, LZ1 & LZ2,
(you can hear the sonic booms as much as 190 miles away where i live if listen close)

Been there, and got real personal with Endeavour.
Even sat in "The Chair".
I plan on being there for FH.
Dude I want to go to more meet ups. I’m going to the next EV week in oldsmar or Dunedin, I honestly cannot remember where it is. Showing off the M3 there, I was hoping to show off a MY by now. I’m actually going to test drive a MS tonight at work. One of the doctors have one and he told me that it’s actually taller than the M3 and slightly lower than the MY. He loves the MS. But that is still up in the air. Since the delay is so long I’m okay dropping $100 in hopes of a future price drop or something. Not worried about the $100, I’ll work a shift extra tonight if I love the ride. Also, I have a slight addiction to the yoke. I missed my chance, MS and MX $5000 increase.

Do I leave this room now that I’m not waiting?

Wooooot wooooot woooooooooooooooooot. So proud of you. I’m slightly jealous but happy for you because it’s a dream car for sure. Every now and than I see one on the road and I’m like “soon my precious, soon.” When you give that baby a bath you better take some nice pics lol. But keep us company or tell us if you go to any events. I’m always down for meet up events if time permits or I skip ;)

Last edited: