Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10/05 MYP Ft Lauderdale. My EDD is showing 11/21-12/19 as of now.
mine is MYLR Red/black / no hitch /no FSD with Feb 26-Mar 26 as of now, original date was April - May. Hoping somebody decides not to take theirs and I get it - dont really care about interior color or hitch or not as long as its red. I am not expecting it until May or June with all the pushbacks I have been seeing

mine is MYLR Red/black / no hitch /no FSD with Feb 26-Mar 26 as of now, original date was April - May. Hoping somebody decides not to take theirs and I get it - dont really care about interior color or hitch or not as long as its red. I am not expecting it until May or June with all the pushbacks I have been seeing

I have a 3 week vacation on dec 27. They said they won't hold the car if it is late, they will give the car to someone else and I have to wait for another one. I had a MYLR on order but changed it to MYP. At the current MYLR price I see more people ordering MYP, unless MYP goes up in prices as well. I ordered it right before the price change.

I’ve been following timelines since late August, the MYP gets delivered much faster. It used to be 3-4 weeks but now closer to 5-7 weeks. I just didn’t want the stiffer ride. If the premium charge was for an even larger battery or air suspension, sure.
im with you - I figured sine the battery should only be charged to 80% thats like 260 miles on the LR and 240 on the P and thats if the actual mileage of 326/303 on a full charge is actually correct, there are to many variables to know what everyone will get. Plus side to waiting is if they come really late we might get the better head lights and new batteries and maybe 400 miles.

Reactions: voxel
im with you - I figured sine the battery should only be charged to 80% thats like 260 miles on the LR and 240 on the P and thats if the actual mileage of 326/303 on a full charge is actually correct, there are to many variables to know what everyone will get. Plus side to waiting is if they come really late we might get the better head lights and new batteries and maybe 400 miles.
Figure I’ll take what I can get as soon as I can get it since my MYLR order was pre $7K price hike; plus got a CT tri motor reservation in just before they took down the ordering tiers. Hoping that I’ll get that bad boy in about 3 years and get some truly awesome range once that hits the market. I’d love the new headlights and 4680s, but the wait is literally killing me at this point. 😬

Because of how quickly I order + received my MYLR from the inventory page, my accessories didn't arrive before delivery and won't be here until mid-week either.

The most important ones are the floor mats (the stock ones seem okay for non-rainy climates) and a noise kit. The door edges don't seem to be sealed and when you close the door it clanks/rattles a little.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
I have a 3 week vacation on dec 27. They said they won't hold the car if it is late, they will give the car to someone else and I have to wait for another one. I had a MYLR on order but changed it to MYP. At the current MYLR price I see more people ordering MYP, unless MYP goes up in prices as well. I ordered it right before the price change.
Agree,
Since the MYLR price increase, MYP is a real good value. If I ordered today, it would be a MYP.

Reactions: Samier_RN
Just Now...
Slipped a bit,
But,
The window closes.

Estimated Delivery: November 09 - November 21
Delayed 4 days, window shrinks by 8 days.

My guess, it's on a train or truck from Fremont.

Aside...YouTube has a video caster who follows work on the Brightline construction from WPB to Orlando. Siemens just delived a new train set from Sacramento. It took about 10 days to reach FL.

Reactions: voxel
Because of how quickly I order + received my MYLR from the inventory page, my accessories didn't arrive before delivery and won't be here until mid-week either.

The most important ones are the floor mats (the stock ones seem okay for non-rainy climates) and a noise kit. The door edges don't seem to be sealed and when you close the door it clanks/rattles a little.
I've been thinking about the noise kit for our MY. There's a whistling sound coming from the driver side when driving that gets louder with speed but it sounds more from the window than the door. We have our delivery service appoint (1.5 months after delivery) tomorrow and I added that. We'll see what they say but I wonder if that kit helps. We don't get any rattling when closing the door and the wind noise is only from the driver's door.

I've been thinking about the noise kit for our MY. There's a whistling sound coming from the driver side when driving that gets louder with speed but it sounds more from the window than the door. We have our delivery service appoint (1.5 months after delivery) tomorrow and I added that. We'll see what they say but I wonder if that kit helps. We don't get any rattling when closing the door and the wind noise is only from the driver's door.

I have an appointment tomorrow (they called and moved my Nov appointment). Yes!

It could be my windows that are rattling when I close the door. I will ask. Didn't seem as firm as the Model 3 I had this past week. I know what a flawless Tesla should be and sort of expected some minor issues with a demo.

I think the noise kit has double purposes. There's an air gap between the door and frame when closed. So it's to muffle the door closing sound and also seal air gaps that cause wind noise.

Cool trick: With the new MY or any model with bio-defense, activate it and leave an empty plastic water bottle inside with the lid tightly closed. See if the bottle starts to crush, that is a good indicator that you have a good seal in the cabin. It’s not a perfect tell all but a neat way to find out. Hope you get all the stuff fixed. I’ll be honest, they came out fast to fix my issues and it wasn’t a problem. They are super cool.

Ps I did put a reservation for MS, they honored old price (that’s a whole other story)

Hertz to buy 100,000 M3s and build out a charging network. 🙈

My EDD has changed in a couple (could be a few, I haven’t kept a spreadsheet) weeks now. Really hoping it holds or improves!
I heard additional details on NPR...
100k vehicles represent 20% of their fleet is replaced
Full delivery by end of next year
Hertz made a fortune selling off their ICE cars, then...
Plowed the cash into Tesla.

This will expose EVs and Tesla in particular to a greater portion of the population.
👍

Reactions: Samier_RN and voxel
Just Now...
Slipped a bit,
But,
The window closes.

Aside...YouTube has a video caster who follows work on the Brightline construction from WPB to Orlando. Siemens just delived a new train set from Sacramento. It took about 10 days to reach FL.
Same. Window changed from 10/31-11/28 to 11/9-11/20 today....

Just Now...
Slipped a bit,
But,
The window closes.

Mine is still sitting at the same time frame :( Poo, well at least the EV day there can be a meet up. I watched Joe T at a Tesla Supercharger Station cutting of the ribbon event and it was so cool to see all the Tesla owns and groups. Do we even have a TMC or any Florida "Telsa Owners Club" branch groups?

Video of the event