Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting because if you look on Tesla, some of the names changed but also look at the MY LR range...it has changed, not for the good.

Edit: by not good, I was hoping for the new estimated range for 4680 :(
They are not going to increase the range with 4680 for free. Will reduce their cost with fewer batteries until competion builds up by 2023. Current 4 miles can be a software adjustment as 19 inch is supposed to have more practical range than 20s

Reactions: Hurricane4911
They are not going to increase the range with 4680 for free. Will reduce their cost with fewer batteries until competion builds up by 2023. Current 4 miles can be a software adjustment as 19 inch is supposed to have more practical range than 20s
and once the new range comes available, especially if it 500 miles like predicated, all the 2021 and 2022 value is going to hit rock bottom. New buyers are going to look only at range

Reactions: voxel
Totally agree with your 4680 thoughts.

Tesla is already killing it on range. Those 4680s are initially needed for Cybertruck and Semi

Tesla is already killing it on range. Those 4680s are initially needed for Cybertruck and Semi
The new 2023 roadster has an estimate of almost 650 miles at highway speeds - which I have read is an issue with current models that as you drive on the HWY speed of 70 or higher your range goes down, BUT and huge BUT it will start off at $200,000

Wouldn’t it be nice if the tax credit just stipulated the car had to be a MY2022 and not that you necessarily had to take delivery on or after 1/1/2022? 😬
This would be a better way to go. Setting a date is more headache,. just say from MY22 forward.

By the way, I saw this and hopefully this isn't what Tesla decides to do for those putting cars on hold
First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

Yeah the makes sense. I mean it would have been nice, this way I can sell for a little extra for the MS. I personally don’t mind the range currently. Just hearing the 2022 vin are out I thought maybe, just maybe, Texas had some tricks up their sleeves and already made some MYs. All good though.

Also, I see what everyone is talking about more range. I keep forgetting when you look at the model y it defaults to the 20in rims. I really really hate that. Now I see the 330 range.

Ps going to take a little hiatus to focus on school and some future plans. Love you all. See you at the events if you stop by.

Last edited:
A Heads-up for Delivery Day...
Some of you have already taken delivery through Tesla, so this may be old. This is my first Tesla after decades of nauseating 6 hour new car purchases through dealerships. I called over today to ask a few final questions.

• You can do your ACH or wire transfer right there on delivery day at the distribution center. Yep, and if you forget your devices, they will provide a computer. 😀

• MYLR will be waiting in a numbered spot. The Tampa distribution team has been really on top of things and super nice. Julie in sales has been the best. She has made it a point to meet up with us and walk us over.

Reactions: voxel
A Heads-up for Delivery Day...
Some of you have already taken delivery through Tesla, so this may be old. This is my first Tesla after decades of nauseating 6 hour new car purchases through dealerships. I called over today to ask a few final questions.

• You can do your ACH or wire transfer right there on delivery day at the distribution center. Yep, and if you forget your devices, they will provide a computer. 😀

• MYLR will be waiting in a numbered spot. The Tampa distribution team has been really on top of things and super nice. Julie in sales has been the best. She has made it a point to meet up with us and walk us over.
Did they force you use a company called Plaid? My bank said it take 1-2 days for them to transfer the $$$$ so I cant do it on the spot.
Is the battery still the 75 kWh?

• Funny
Reactions: Hurricane4911
Did they force you use a company called Plaid? My bank said it take 1-2 days for them to transfer the $$$$ so I cant do it on the spot.
Nope, it was called Skynet, or Colossus... Something like that. 😉

Rather than initiating the transfer from your bank, you can initiate it from the Tesla app, or on their devices at time of delivery. That is their preferred approach and that takes just a couple of minutes to clear. Everyone's happy.

Did not ask about upgrades to kWh. That should be a MDY-wide software update

No way. Range won’t come cheap. M3SR still best selling Tesla, no?
Even if you use Plaid, you can still do it on the spot and leave with the car. They don’t require the transfer to finalize before you drive off. When using Plaid, they have your info and they know the transfer started. Plus it’s not like you can get away with their car anyhow, they’ll find you. 👍🏻

Even if you use Plaid, you can still do it on the spot and leave with the car. They don’t require the transfer to finalize before you drive off. When using Plaid, they have your info and they know the transfer started. Plus it’s not like you can get away with their car anyhow, they’ll find you. 👍🏻
I dont trust ACH transfers - they have access to your accounts. Tesla in March 2021 double charged people and took forever to give the money back. Plaid has also had issues. Im thinking a wire transfer from my bank is the safer route even if it takes longer to get the car.

Dang,
I thought @Vladimir*22 was joking.
Did not register.
🥴

and once the new range comes available, especially if it 500 miles like predicated, all the 2021 and 2022 value is going to hit rock bottom. New buyers are going to look only at range
The new 2023 roadster has an estimate of almost 650 miles at highway speeds - which I have read is an issue with current models that as you drive on the HWY speed of 70 or higher your range goes down, BUT and huge BUT it will start off at $200,000
There is absolutely zero chance there is a 500mi Model Y. Actually there is a less than zero chance. First off the 4680s are
not close to mass production ready. They still need to be field tested and tested for reliability before they’ll go into any vehicles, Tesla can’t afford to screw it up. Second availability will be severely constrained because of all the competing demands for them (Semi, the supposed 1m+ Cybertruck orders, etc.). Tesla won’t waste money or batteries stuffing more into the Y to give it a 500 mile range when they are offering it with 330m now and have a year wait and growing.

At best they might up the range slightly but like others have said the more realistic scenario is them putting in just enough to match the current range and save on costs by having to use less cells.

Also like so much with Tesla the Roadster is just vapor ware currently and the promised specs will probably not match reality. See Plaid + cancellation, the Solar roof debacle, and how they’ve completely changed the Cybertruck page to remove all references to models and prices, probably because they realize that there is no way they can deliver on what they initially showed.

i posted this in another forum, but have had no answers. I live in Tampa, so this also applies. My order date is mid July, so I must be close.

My EDD moved on Sunday and today closed to the narrow 2 week window. However, one of the weeks they gave me I am not in the country. So question..... When you get a VIN what is the timeline to typically get the car? I went up to the service location over the weekend and the SA told me you need to take the car in a 3 day window or you lose it.