Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks in the August order thread are getting March/April/June EDDs. I’m glad I snagged an inventory model because that’s a crazy wait (late Feb was my last EDD).
I ordered my MY in October , had a April EDD then a FEB-MAR and now I am at Early Jan - Early Feb EDD

What I notice on ordering now is if you order a White or Silver MY its a EDD of September, the more you pay on paint the faster you get the car.

Reactions: voxel
Thanks!
We had the the typical trepidation about black cars. But a MY in black is killer. IMHO, what makes the MY such a great style is its flare over the rear wheels. In black, the car looks fierce.

I ordered 19 inch black wheel covers from Rimetrix to replace the grey Gemini covers (I'm not inclined to spend $$$ on wheels).

I will have my MY at the National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) event in Oldsmar on Nov. 13th from 10-2.
I don’t know if it’s the NYers in us, but all our cars have been black. We agree it makes the Y look even better and definitely fierce! Despite having several Teslas in our area, we’ve only seen one or two in black, which is a win for us.

We hadn’t encountered the covers, thanks for sharing. We plan to try to hydro-dip the Geminis to match the car or maybe a dark gray. We are going to play around with it. We appreciated the money savings going forward when replacing the tires and the potential for improved range.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
I don’t know if it’s the NYers in us, but all our cars have been black. We agree it makes the Y look even better and definitely fierce! Despite having several Teslas in our area, we’ve only seen one or two in black, which is a win for us.

We hadn’t encountered the covers, thanks for sharing. We plan to try to hydro-dip the Geminis to match the car or maybe a dark gray. We are going to play around with it. We appreciated the money savings going forward when replacing the tires and the potential for improved range.
A black car rolling down the street in my old Brooklyn neighborhood always got everyone's attention.

And not in a good way.
😏

With VIN and delivery scheduled next week I ran our current vehicle back through Vroom/Carmax/Carvana and the offer has gone up $2k (~8%) in the three months we have been waiting on the MY. This is with the additional miles that have been added in that time.

Risk of used market crash, potential tax credits, additional Tesla price increases have my head spinning lol. I'm just going to take delivery and enjoy it.

With VIN and delivery scheduled next week I ran our current vehicle back through Vroom/Carmax/Carvana and the offer has gone up $2k (~8%) in the three months we have been waiting on the MY. This is with the additional miles that have been added in that time.

Risk of used market crash, potential tax credits, additional Tesla price increases have my head spinning lol. I'm just going to take delivery and enjoy it.
Yes I agree - I was offered a crazy amount for our Durango. After I ordered the Model 3 my EDD for the Y moved up 45 days, but I cant risk losing this offer so even if I only keep the Model 3 for 3-4 months before the Y gets here its still worth it to me.

Its also very strange - now most of the models are listed for June deliveries. I dont know if Tesla is just putting that on their site because of all the complaints of a year wait.

Those of you left in the thread that got your car. Once you got your VIN how accurate was the date range for delivery? I am on vacation for the majority of my window, only here 1 of the days. Just wondering of my odds if I am getting this thing now, or my VIN will be tossed back to the market because I can't receive it.

Reactions: ashokoya
Those of you left in the thread that got your car. Once you got your VIN how accurate was the date range for delivery? I am on vacation for the majority of my window, only here 1 of the days. Just wondering of my odds if I am getting this thing now, or my VIN will be tossed back to the market because I can't receive it.
Go and enjoy your vacation.
When you get your VIN, your app will ask you to set up a delivery date and time. You get a 3 day window, but it's far from absolute.

Tampa is currently delivering 30 cars a day. They are crazy busy. They have a 3 story garage. Not a problem if your out of town.

One thing to look for in your EDD is the shortening of the window. In my case, the EDD slipped a couple of days, and the window shortened. 2 days later I got my VIN. Also, in my case, receiving my VIN indicated the car was on its final leg, inbound to the delivery center and not currently on site.

Yes, i got my VIN. I am curious to the accuracy of the final window, meaning the 4 day window. Was the accuracy spot on, or did it keep shifting? I am definitely going on vacation, but hoping the car is available day one of my window for me to receive it.

Yes, i got my VIN. I am curious to the accuracy of the final window, meaning the 4 day window. Was the accuracy spot on, or did it keep shifting? I am definitely going on vacation, but hoping the car is available day one of my window for me to receive it.

They will schedule a delivery appointment via call/text/email. Usually after VIN, delivery is within two weeks (soon as next day) but you need an appointment first.

Get your financing in order now. There should be a MVPA generated.

I ordered a Model 3 from Inventory - the SA said it was on the train that was 11/6 and I got a EDD of NOV 18-24
I called the Tesla Customer service number about my trade in and they said my car will be delivered to the dealer on the 20th but I cant pick it the same day so I am scheduled for the 22nd. I was given the option of the 21,22, or 23 -I would rather be the first appointment on a Monday than the 20th on a Sunday.
Hopefully that helps some.

I would suggest calling the Tesla Customer service number - they can probably give you the dealer delivery date like they did for me and will set your pickup appointment as well

Last edited:
I ordered a Model 3 from Inventory - the SA said it was on the train that was 11/6 and I got a EDD of NOV 18-24
I called the Tesla Customer service number about my trade in and they said my car will be delivered to the dealer on the 20th but I cant pick it the same day so I am scheduled for the 22nd. I was given the option of the 21,22, or 23 -I would rather be the first appointment on a Monday than the 20th on a Sunday.
Hopefully that helps some.

I would suggest calling the Tesla Customer service number - they can probably give you the dealer delivery date like they did for me and will set your pickup appointment as well
I can add some additional detail on my experience. There was just one small hiccup, on Teslas side.

After VIN, about 3 days later I received a text from Tesla with a link to select a delivery date/time. The dates were about 1 week forward, Nov 2, 3, 4. We selected Nov 3. The next day, I got a call from Julia in sales advising me that the car was inbound and would not arrive until Nov 3. She gave me an open ended delivery choice starting Nov 5. That's the day we selected.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
For some insight I received the VIN for my Model Y on November 1st and I scheduled delivery on November 19th, which was the earliest date for delivery. the service center said the car would arrive on the 17th.

I can add some additional detail on my experience. There was just one small hiccup, on Teslas side.

After VIN, about 3 days later I received a text from Tesla with a link to select a delivery date/time. The dates were about 1 week forward, Nov 2, 3, 4. We selected Nov 3. The next day, I got a call from Julia in sales advising me that the car was inbound and would not arrive until Nov 3. She gave me an open ended delivery choice starting Nov 5. That's the day we selected.
I got the text to schedule delivery 5 days after receiving my VIN, all they can tell me for now is that the vehicle is in transit and still scheduled to arrive on time, As long as it arrives on time for me or earlier I will be a happy camper :)

Nav Question:
Can you make different choices with tesla navigation like Google Maps or Apple Maps or are you stuck to one route.
When I am going from my house to Miami lets say 95 and the Turnpike is always heavy traffic so I take 75 down and cut across since I am going to southern Miami anyway. Can you do that or does it force you one way regardless of traffic or do I have to do something like my house to Weston then in route change to the Miami Seaquarium?

Nav Question:
Can you make different choices with tesla navigation like Google Maps or Apple Maps or are you stuck to one route.
When I am going from my house to Miami lets say 95 and the Turnpike is always heavy traffic so I take 75 down and cut across since I am going to southern Miami anyway. Can you do that or does it force you one way regardless of traffic or do I have to do something like my house to Weston then in route change to the Miami Seaquarium?
It updates based on a predetermined amount of time savings (defaults to 10mins).

2x MYP on the way. No VINS yet.

Blue MYP White interior EDD 11/23-12/18 (previously 11/7-12/1)
Blue MYP Black interior EDD 12/12-12/31

How soon do you expect the VINS to show up?
There's really no telling when VINs will show up. MYPs typically arrive faster but they've slipped a lot recently. With people putting orders on hold for EV credit, it may arrive sooner but again, there's no concrete formula.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ