Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone take delivery of a 2022 yet? I’m curious if they’re including mudflaps yet. Apparently some MYs have been delivered with mudflaps from the factory. I was gonna order some accessories (including mudflaps from AO), but as of 8/2021 they caution you to double check and see if your MY is delivered with mudflaps. Anyone?

Anyone take delivery of a 2022 yet? I’m curious if they’re including mudflaps yet. Apparently some MYs have been delivered with mudflaps from the factory. I was gonna order some accessories (including mudflaps from AO), but as of 8/2021 they caution you to double check and see if your MY is delivered with mudflaps. Anyone?
As I understand it, those are installed by the service center if your car is delivered to the snowy states. No guarantee on it happening one way or another though. I wouldn't expect it in Florida.

As I understand it, those are installed by the service center if your car is delivered to the snowy states. No guarantee on it happening one way or another though. I wouldn't expect it in Florida.
Some regions are also being delivered with PPF as well - I have seen post from Canada and Washington state as well as Kansas ( maybe the Kansas was an order for the northern states that rejected it and got lucky)

How much does the charger install costs. if its like 10 ft from the breaker but in the garage ?

I paid about $350 for the install using a licensed electrician. That included a 50 amp breaker. My charger is right next to the panel. Factor in permits. Mine was $200 from Hillsborough county. I have Tesla Gen 3.

Note: In the near future, I can see home resales with chargers or dedicated charging outlets as a benefit worth an extra $1-3k on the market.

Sweet! It’s a great car…. And I have no idea why I traded it…. Probably will be pulling the trigger on the red/white MYLR in 2022.

Oh, I found out you can transfer a reservation but it requires some trust. Maybe @Samier_RN wants your Model S :)

Yeah, I don’t trust @Samier_RN , he seems to be a dodgy character. 😁 I wish that I ordered the MY in a darker color to hide some of its bulk.
Hey hey, if you want to take my exams for me by all means please do lol. My head has been in books for the past 3 weeks and working. December 18 I can celebrate my schooling coming to an end and will gladly be on more. Also, if your MS has a yoke heck yeah I'd want it 🙃 honestly I have still not had a good chance to drive and ride in a MS so I still am holding my love for the MY since I know how that feels and love it. I've grown to love this M3 more too, even though I feel old getting out of it (someone get my walker). But I am glad to see everyone doing well, getting deliveries, and enjoying the nice drive around Florida. It's always fun getting all eyes on your car and that instant torque. Okay off to bed for me and up at 6AM 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hey hey, if you want to take my exams for me by all means please do lol. My head has been in books for the past 3 weeks and working. December 18 I can celebrate my schooling coming to an end and will gladly be on more. Also, if your MS has a yoke heck yeah I'd want it 🙃 honestly I have still not had a good chance to drive and ride in a MS so I still am holding my love for the MY since I know how that feels and love it. I've grown to love this M3 more too, even though I feel old getting out of it (someone get my walker). But I am glad to see everyone doing well, getting deliveries, and enjoying the nice drive around Florida. It's always fun getting all eyes on your car and that instant torque. Okay off to bed for me and up at 6AM 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hey There Old Man...
Rough time time getting out of a MS? Me too.
I postponed my mid-life crisis, bypassing the requisite Corvette or Charger, the fools they are 😉

Hope your sleeping well, you old guys need those zzzzzz's. Congrats on completing schooloing. May I ask which qualification exam is coming up?
You know we have your back, good luck.

😀

I took delivery yesterday morning of 2022 VIN. No mud flaps or PPF. I could not find a single fit and finish issue and I tried looking for about 15 minutes before I gave up. There was what looked like some window cleaner overspray on rear door panel which easily wiped up. At least I know they cleaned it lol.

I could not find a single fit and finish issue and I tried looking for about 15 minutes before I gave up

I'm still looking but have come up empty.
I did have a surprisingly good conversation with one of the delivery team folk who seemed pretty passionate about the cars.

He said back in June, Tesla did some upgrades and re-worked the robot software to squeeze out these fit and finish issues. It took time, but I'm convinced that they've nailed it for now in Fremont.

Austin we be introducing rear castings on a brand new line. Tesla has matured since the early M3 days, but brace for some start up issues in Texas.

It's funny we weren't able to test drive or even see a 7 seater in person before we took delivery yesterday. My wife (and me I suppose) have been skeptical of the practicality of the third row but she got back there (5'5") and initial impression was "wow, this is perfectly fine". Only problem now will be the arguments between our three kids of which gets to sit back there.

Reactions: voxel and Ormond
Called Tesla today because I had a question about the insurance I'm submitting. Had a delivery date between 12/6-12/10. Talked to Amber in Fort Lauderdale and she was super helpful. Got my insurance figured out, then she said let's set up your delivery date and then asked me if was paying cashier check or ACH. She said my MYP is in transit.

Attachments

• 6A994C07-8F03-4B92-A198-C1AA001701A1.png
    6A994C07-8F03-4B92-A198-C1AA001701A1.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 61