Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Well I woke up this morning at 6am to a VIN in the App by simply just checking it. OD Date was 8/23 white white 20's to West Palm Beach FL. Vin 7SAYGDEE7NF327.. Excited but my luck I'm out of town the estimated days of arrival go figure! Hopefully it comes in early or gets delayed a little so there's no problems. Can anyone share experience with the time frame in the APP if its pretty spot on?
I got my VIN on November 1st and had my Model Y picked up Saturday November 20th at the West Palm Beach location. My EDD when I got my VIN was November 15th to November 21st. I originally scheduled delivery on the 19th then it got moved to the 20th. I actually had to reschedule my flight to accommodate the delivery date. I hope this helps!

How was your delivery? Did you have any problems?
No problems ( I inspected like crazy) apart from the fact they parked my vehicle under a tree and it got dirty and hence told me to take it to the car wash that they apparently use for all the Tesla’s. I had to use car wash mode for the first time and it was confusing lol I struggled putting the car in neutral too

So here is an update from my SA. My hold has to come off by December 2nd or I do forfeit my order. Second, I am NOT pushed to the back even if I wanted to. I am forced to take the next VIN that is assigned to me or I forfeit my order and price. She said this is straight from Tesla Headquarters and they cannot do anything about it. Is this true? For now, I have to believe it until I do some research tomorrow and call other places to ask. So, looks like they are pushing people to take their orders now. Seems like holding might come to an end or possibly a smaller time frame. This sucks but I'm snagging a deal regardless, just would have been nice to get more money back. I'll let you know when I find out more but this is currently what I'm being told.

Another follow-up email, not looking good for those who want to wait. I have a feeling Tesla might start avoiding the "hold" order option.

Hello Samier,
You will be subject to that new price if you don't take delivery this year and you'll have to pay for a new order/ get back in the queue.
I completely understand that you were pushed back in lone a few times due to delivery delays therefore your frustration is justified.
However, there is nothing in the order contract that promises we will keep hold the order for any extended time. The email you received was basically just notifying customers that we are canceling orders that do not take delivery this year (that are assigned a VIN) - if you do not get assigned a VIN than you're still in the clear.
Hope this helps. I will be in office tomorrow if you'd like to chat on the phone more.
Have a good night!

For me, I do not care too much since I am getting a wonderful deal but the incentive would have just been icing on the cake that I really do not need, just a want lol. Looks like Model Y here I come! Early Christmas/Graduation gift for this year. Also, forgot to mention in the previous post. All models that are being received should be the 2022 models (VIN should be different, I forgot what she said). I know someone probably posted that information but wanted to share since I am still in the shadows :p ❤️

I did check my Carvana, it is now $50,241 so I am happy to sell at that price. Every other online buyer was below $49,000 which is weird.

Another follow-up email, not looking good for those who want to wait. I have a feeling Tesla might start avoiding the "hold" order option.

Hello Samier,
You will be subject to that new price if you don't take delivery this year and you'll have to pay for a new order/ get back in the queue.
I completely understand that you were pushed back in lone a few times due to delivery delays therefore your frustration is justified.
However, there is nothing in the order contract that promises we will keep hold the order for any extended time. The email you received was basically just notifying customers that we are canceling orders that do not take delivery this year (that are assigned a VIN) - if you do not get assigned a VIN than you're still in the clear.
Hope this helps. I will be in office tomorrow if you'd like to chat on the phone more.
Have a good night!

For me, I do not care too much since I am getting a wonderful deal but the incentive would have just been icing on the cake that I really do not need, just a want lol. Looks like Model Y here I come! Early Christmas/Graduation gift for this year. Also, forgot to mention in the previous post. All models that are being received should be the 2022 models (VIN should be different, I forgot what she said). I know someone probably posted that information but wanted to share since I am still in the shadows :p ❤️

I did check my Carvana, it is now $50,241 so I am happy to sell at that price. Every other online buyer was below $49,000 which is weird.

Are you going to wait until Dec 1st to unhold and hope you don’t get assigned a VIN or just unhold now and get something ASAP.

$50K is a great price for your Model 3 SR+

KBB is useless. I never got a single offer close to it. And Carvana and CarMax are always showing "Great deal, $3K below KBB"

Auction prices are high. I wish I could get auction numbers but I would need dealer license or something. Dealers are offering below this so they can make a profit on the sale at auction. In reality, from my experience from CarMax, Vroom, Carvana, CarbuyerUSA is that they want a $2K profit on your car before auction (at least).... often more ($3-4K).

View attachment 730047

View attachment 730048
Wouldn't say that KBB is useless, per se, but it's not always very helpful, especially with Tesla. There are some car buying sites (like AutoNation) that use it almost exclusively.

Are you going to wait until Dec 1st to unhold and hope you don’t get assigned a VIN or just unhold now and get something ASAP.

$50K is a great price for your Model 3 SR+
I have a reminder on my phone to accept on Tuesday just to be safe. With that said, I still think I'm going to get a car in December. Just my gut telling me I'm being pushed to the front. Either way, it reflects about the same time my original EDD was telling me lolololololol. Also my Carvana price was locked in since November. I did it around the time you showed me the $51,000 vroom price. I thought it expired but looks like I have until December 11th to sell. That’s why I like them, they give you so much time with an offer. Currently, I checked my vin again and it’s down to $46,000 so I think this bill is going to hurt some prices soon.

@Samier_RN

Congrats on getting the absosolute best deal on a model Y, better than 99% of the rest of us.

We all knew that decision time was coming. All of us who take delivery this year get a cheaper car with no rebate. Next year, you pay more, but get the rebate.
Some is us, like Samier gets a better deal than others.
👏👏
L
Its a truly great car. I'm still over the moon. I would absolutely pay the current $60k price.

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel
Just wanted to let people who, like me, dont have PPF or ceramic coat and are not going to get it. I waxed the car with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and the bug splats come off with no issues with a wet cloth. I understand it doesnt protect for chips and other stuff but this option works for me. It also has UV protection. My plan is to wax every other week to keep the car covered in fresh wax.

M3LR - I think its the security system doing it but I am losing about 9 miles, I dont know what % that is, of range per 12 hours of the car sitting. Just a note that if I plan on leaving it at an airport for an extended time - I am going to do a 100% charge prior to that. If its left in a non-covered garage in the summer you will lose a lot more in Florida with the internal temps going above 105 and the safety system kicks in. I dont like the options I have read about disabling the security system at airports.

If I lose 18 miles a day with only the security system on that could put me in a bad pace when I get back. From what I have read Ft. Lauderdale Airport does not have public chargers, they are only available if you valet.

M3LR - I think its the security system doing it but I am losing about 9 miles, I dont know what % that is, of range per 12 hours of the car sitting. Just a note that if I plan on leaving it at an airport for an extended time - I am going to do a 100% charge prior to that. If its left in a non-covered garage in the summer you will lose a lot more in Florida with the internal temps going above 105 and the safety system kicks in. I dont like the options I have read about disabling the security system at airports.

If I lose 18 miles a day with only the security system on that could put me in a bad pace when I get back. From what I have read Ft. Lauderdale Airport does not have public chargers, they are only available if you valet.
Interesting about FLL and the chargers, is the ’charging’ free if you valet? Or do you have to pay on top of that?

I’m between FLL and PBI, haven’t checked either yet in regards to charging, thanks for the info!

Reactions: Vladimir*22
No problems ( I inspected like crazy) apart from the fact they parked my vehicle under a tree and it got dirty and hence told me to take it to the car wash that they apparently use for all the Tesla’s. I had to use car wash mode for the first time and it was confusing lol I struggled putting the car in neutral too
Was it an automated car wash with brushes or a touch less car wash?

If you tint the car, that should help with the heat rejection so you don’t have to turn on cabin overheat protection.
I don’t like the idea of partying at the airport and turning off sentry too but I can understand how that will drain battery with the amount of traffic that will pass in front of the car and trigger sentry.

Interesting about FLL and the chargers, is the ’charging’ free if you valet? Or do you have to pay on top of that?

I’m between FLL and PBI, haven’t checked either yet in regards to charging, thanks for the info!
from what I read they are 8kWh chargers and the valet will charge them for you, I believe its included but you have to tell them to keep it charged. At that rate that like 4 miles an hour so it they have a lot of EV needing charged I dont know how they do it. They only have 3 chargers.

Reactions: Tezlowski
If you tint the car, that should help with the heat rejection so you don’t have to turn on cabin overheat protection.
I don’t like the idea of partying at the airport and turning off sentry too but I can understand how that will drain battery with the amount of traffic that will pass in front of the car and trigger sentry.
Currently it is 72 degrees. @ 10am and my internal temp is saying its 90, according to the app. I cant imagine what its going to be in the summer when we are hitting the high 90's
I am not a fan of dark tint on the car - it looks nice but my Camaro had it and its horrible at night. I would have to roll down the windows at crosswalks to make sure nobody was coming before i drove off so i wouldnt run over a kid.

another thing about tint is that other states have different laws, like VA, they can pull you over and ticket you even though you don't live in their state for tint that exceeds their requirement. I was pulled over 3 times in VA when I lived in MD and had to pay fines.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let people who, like me, dont have PPF or ceramic coat and are not going to get it. I waxed the car with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and the bug splats come off with no issues with a wet cloth. I understand it doesnt protect for chips and other stuff but this option works for me. It also has UV protection. My plan is to wax every other week to keep the car covered in fresh wax.
Are you getting the products locally or ordering online?