Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To those who recently picked up, did the vehicle come with the charging cable? Or did you get the Tesla Wall Connector installed?
My car came with a charging cable but I had a wall connector installed 7 months before I got my car. I think having a car charging kit is essencial even if you never need to use it . Its the same way I feel about a spare tire . If my walll charger ever has an issue or is damaged I can still charge at home with the portable charger until it is repaired.

• Informative
Reactions: Budding
Since my order was before the cutoff date mine came with a mobile charger, but I got the Tesla wall charger installed and LOVE IT!!!
Just picked up my MSM MYP in Orlando/Eatonville. Absolutely flawless car. Mine had the charger in the trunk, but I have a charger installed at home already. Currently at Target trying to figure out how to lock the car. 🤣

To those who recently picked up, did the vehicle come with the charging cable? Or did you get the Tesla Wall Connector installed?
I’m assuming I won’t get the charging cable which is a bummer for a 70K+ car. Since I’m renting, will go with a 240V J1772 Plug which charges Model Y @ 30 miles/Hr. But eventually a Tesla wall charger when I buy a home.. just waiting for the market to cool down a bit :)
Regular charger is a must as a backup.

Picked up my MYP this evening. It was scheduled at 1230 but I got a text at 1030 saying it wasn't in yet and they changed the pickup to tomorrow. Around 5 PM Tesla called and said it was in and if I wanted to pick it up tonight, (Sunday) they'd prep it. I agreed and went and got it (in the rain). It looks very good but will look in more detail in the morning. It came with Perelli tires and the charging kit. The Fort Myers service center was outstanding.

Picked up my MYP this evening. It was scheduled at 1230 but I got a text at 1030 saying it wasn't in yet and they changed the pickup to tomorrow. Around 5 PM Tesla called and said it was in and if I wanted to pick it up tonight, (Sunday) they'd prep it. I agreed and went and got it (in the rain). It looks very good but will look in more detail in the morning. It came with Perelli tires and the charging kit. The Fort Myers service center was outstanding.
That is great news. Please let us know how the perceived quality is after a closer inspection. Glad to hear that you have quality tires and not the low end brands other manufactures are equipping vehicles with. My EDD is 10/14-11/25, ordered 11/16/2021. I purchased the mobile charger already. I was a little confused if it was to be included or not after April 2022. A call to Tesla provided this answer. The CSA stated they would issue me a credit as it would not be included, however my order was before the end of April, 2022 so a credit would be issued.

can someone explain the scheduled departure to me?
It doesnt seem to work correctly, I am going on a trip and wanted to do 100% just to make sure it will take 100%. I set up to depart at 645am weekdays, I am currently @ 40%. Plug it in and it starts charging and will be completed in 5 hours. That means it isnt working, correct because 5 hours from now isnt 645 tomorrow.

can someone explain the scheduled departure to me?
It doesnt seem to work correctly, I am going on a trip and wanted to do 100% just to make sure it will take 100%. I set up to depart at 645am weekdays, I am currently @ 40%. Plug it in and it starts charging and will be completed in 5 hours. That means it isnt working, correct because 5 hours from now isnt 645 tomorrow.
I believe departure time is when it will have the car and battery preconditioned to leave using the line power.

I believe departure time is when it will have the car and battery preconditioned to leave using the line power.
All the youtube videos say that if I want it to be charged to X% at the departure then set a departure time, the car will start charging at whatever time it needs to, to hit that % at the time you tell it. I have read its bad for the batteries to leave at 100% for long periods of time so I am trying to make it fully charged 15 minutes prior to my departure. This is only a 60 mile trip so I dont need 100% but am testing to see how to do it when I take my trip in Aug to Orlando.

T-19 days until I enter the EDD window ... keeping fingers & toes crossed!
Screenshot_20220706-100227_Messages.jpg

Just saw something I didnt know was possible, its been a known problem for 2 years. A hacker and steal your tesla by duplicating the key RFI while you open it. they have 2 minutes to make a duplicate key once you use yours and can override the PIN to Drive as well. they also have the ability to Jam your phone app to force you to use the backup key. Police say its happening often in Southern Florida. Also they can duplicate the key when you give it to anyone like a valet.

Great!!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyerDude and voxel
Just saw something I didnt know was possible, its been a known problem for 2 years. A hacker and steal your tesla by duplicating the key RFI while you open it. they have 2 minutes to make a duplicate key once you use yours and can override the PIN to Drive as well. they also have the ability to Jam your phone app to force you to use the backup key. Police say its happening often in Southern Florida. Also they can duplicate the key when you give it to anyone like a valet.

Great!!!!
Is there a car that Cant be stolen if they really want it?

Reactions: FLTessie and voxel

Great!!!!
Folks can clone the RF signal of fobs too. There are so many ways to steal any car.

The easier being older Kias and Hyundais that don't even have immobilizers

Is there a car that Cant be stolen if they really want it?

With a Tesla you can track it and remotely disable it.

Mach-Es and other EVs are easier to steal because you can easily remove the phone/profile from the car and it's no longer tracked. With Tesla you need the account password to reset the car.

Reactions: PinkWarrior

Great!!!!
Use a passcode to drive. Extra security.

Reactions: PinkWarrior