Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fluid leaking from under car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are my other two puddles. One at the usual place between driver and front passenger seat. The other is underneath driver side, near wheel well. This is the new drip point after having service center checked lol
I haven’t jacked up the Tesla and looked carefully. I’m *guessing* what you are getting is condensate water that has blown around under the car when the car is driving.

The main concern should have is whether or not a coolant hose has ruptured.

The liquid used to cool the battery looks very similar to water but obviously it is not. If has a little bit of a greasy feel.

Teslas do warn you if your car coolant is low. And if the car senses the battery heating up it will shut down.

Otherwise see other posters.

Reactions: amitmishra4
Coolant leak will be bluish liquid. I had it after driving an hour back from the tesla delivery center

It was parked in my garage for an hour or so and then my wife saw the puddle as I was pulling out to pickup the kids from school.

Attachments

• IMG_20180531_132710.jpg
    IMG_20180531_132710.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: Msjulie
Puddle of yellow-green coolant found under Model 3 in garage this morning. Within an hour it was on a flat bed across Florida to Miami and I was picking up a loaner rental from Enterprise. No messages had yet appeared in car. Less than 10 minute wait on the roadside service phone line. Impressive ! ( except for the puddle ).

I've come out 3 times now to this large puddle of water... after the car has been in my garage overnight.

Car is 2 weeks old, driven about 6 times. Twice had to reboot after screen froze up completely. Battery drains while sitting in garage (i'm assuming due to AC running, unprompted), and car never seems to turn off (constant low grade humming). Many misc other "quirks" (e.g. random window descending an inch while driving, as if door was being opened). Also, LOTS of Bluetooth issues (not recognizing phone / unlocking door, locking when right next to car, etc).

W.T.F.!?

I've come out 3 times now to this large puddle of water... after the car has been in my garage overnight.

Car is 2 weeks old, driven about 6 times. Twice had to reboot after screen froze up completely. Battery drains while sitting in garage (i'm assuming due to AC running, unprompted), and car never seems to turn off (constant low grade humming). Many misc other "quirks" (e.g. random window descending an inch while driving, as if door was being opened). Also, LOTS of Bluetooth issues (not recognizing phone / unlocking door, locking when right next to car, etc).

W.T.F.!?
Doesn’t seem normal, Could be a battery leak, but highly doubt it, my car leaks like that too from the A/C condensations. Time to submit a service ticket and also add those other issues with it too. They can run a test over the air to see why it’s staying on.

Make sure you have any App turned off that sends a poll to it.

As far as the phone, usually acts up after a phone update, make sure you reboot your phone after each update. This has been a problem in the past especially after IOS-13, with IOS 13 each app or most of them require a Bluetooth to be activated.

Fred

Last edited: