Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Fluid noise" from under glove box when turning right ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've noticed something in the last week or so ... there's this weird noise that seems to emanate from under the glove box ... it only happens when turning right and now happens pretty reliably, with every right turn ... it sounds like fluid moving, or maybe gas escaping ?

Is this something that anyone else has seen ? Should we be calling service ?

The only thing that's "changed" recently is the washer bottle was refilled (first timer ever) ... not sure if this is relevant, but disclosed anyway

Thanks

Ian

In previous cars (not MS), I've had that issue when the AC condensation line gets plugged with gunk and does not allow the evaporator box (the one under your dash) to drain the water that condenses off the AC evaporator core. Is your car puking water on the ground after you stop from the AC system like it did when new? My solution was always a coat hanger cleaning of the obstruction but I have no idea where the drain is in MS.

OK, tests have been conducted today ... the noise definitely emanates from under/behind the glove box and it definitely sounds like fluid or like gas escaping under pressure. I've had a cursory look for drain holes and can't see any. I guess next step would be to open the maintenance hatch in the frunk as I understand there are more fluid reservoirs under there. However, the MS manual discourages tinkering pretty strongly, so I think I'll just take the car in and get the Tesla service guys look at it. I'll update this thread in due course with findings. Thanks for your help

Ian