TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fly Fishing Tesla Trip 2018

Discussion in 'Model S' started by buttershrimp, Apr 3, 2018.

1. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

Buttershrimp needs the assistance of anglers in planning his Fly fishing trip 2018.... Anyone who can add a good stop on my trip would be appreciated. Guides, location, supercharger proximity, awesomeness are all appreciated.

Austin --> Utah or Idaho or Anywhere else for that matter....

2. weradln

weradln Member

So many great spots here in the West.....WY is amazing. I'm headed to Casper to float the N Platte at the end of the month. For more variety suggest West Yellowstone. Tons of great trout fishing of all kinds within a 20 mile radius and lots of good guides. Henry's Fork, Madison River, Hegben Lake, Firehole River to name just a few nearby spots.

3. _jal_

_jal_ Member

I was in Big Sky last year. Fished the Madison which was big water at the time. Good fishing, but strenuous. Had way more fun following the Gallatin and just stopping wherever it looked good.

4. skitown

skitown Member

Agreed, around and in West Yellowstone is really special. Been a long time for me but have fond memories of catching big, Yellowstone Cutthoats.

5. Mobius484

Mobius484 Supporting Member

Do a lot of fishing from my model S. The frunk fits my three price rod case well, and I keep my waders up there to keep the funk out of the trunk.... anyhow, I like traveling by road, stopping and fishing spots by hiking down to good looking spots... I know a lot about north idaho/Washington/West Montana, but have traveled all over the west driving and fishing... good excuse to explore, and now I have the S, and it makes a great fishing rig. I invested in a set of suction cup rod holders for the all glass roof, and put a few brewskis in the frunk... give me a pm if your in the Coeur d’alene area, I grew up in Austin, and flipped up here 15 yrs ago...

• Love x 1
  6. _jal_

_jal_ Member

My frunk is my fishing storage area too :D

7. Mobius484

8. Mobius484

I’m in the keep my hand on the wheel camp, but autopilot helps when searching water by car.... btw, recent 1500 mike road trip around pnw, autopilot prob 85%..... we’re getting there now AP 2!