Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fly in my Taillight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Id really hate to take my car in for service just to have a fly removed. But the little guy is SOOO big. I could see him from across the parking lot when I came out of the grocery store today. I think I'm going to call him George...

If the new taillights prevent this from happening then ill do it. Otherwise I think ill let George remain entombed.

SO GLAD someone posted about this! I've had bugs removed from my taillights twice now. Never had another car with this issue! Wonder why Tesla's have this??
bugs.JPG

How the flies get in there:
I figure that when the car goes to lightspeed, the bugs travel through the vacuum wormhole created by the escape velocity of the tesla and end up in the taillight/frontlight.

Well...does anyone else have a better answer ? :wink:

Nah I go with the teleportation theory. While on the freeway you see a spot in a lane up ahead that you *will* the car to be in, and suddenly in the blink of an eye you and your Tesla teleport there before any other drivers realize what happened. Unfortunately, sometimes a fly or other bug also doesn't realize what's going on and is unable to get out of the way soon enough and suddenly inhabits the very same time/space coordinates as you and your Tesla.

Nah I go with the teleportation theory. While on the freeway you see a spot in a lane up ahead that you *will* the car to be in, and suddenly in the blink of an eye you and your Tesla teleport there before any other drivers realize what happened. Unfortunately, sometimes a fly or other bug also doesn't realize what's going on and is unable to get out of the way soon enough and suddenly inhabits the very same time/space coordinates as you and your Tesla.
Yep. Fortunately, unlike what happened in the movie "The Fly", the resulting process doesn't combine the DNA of the fly with the DNA of the driver and the Tesla. :scared: