Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fly in my Taillight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can top that! Tesla had to replace my taillight because I found a pink object that turned out to be a fingernail when they replaced it (not mine :smile:).

Ew. And why did they replace the fingernail?! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the description of how they removed the dead spider:

Concern: Customer states that in the right side inner tail light lens there is a spider inside.
Cause: Dead spider inside right side inner tail light assembly.
Correction: Light - Fog/Reverse - Rear - RH
Removed inner tail lamp assembly and used compressed air to remove spider carcass.
Part Qty
LAMP ASY - L/Gate TAIL B/U - SAE (RH) 1.00 (6005924-00-C)
APPLIQUE TAPE, RH (1021608-00-A) 1.00
Pay Type: Warranty

So many things here make me smile. Overly serious description (concern: the spider...cause: THE SPIDER!)...that it's covered under warranty (they didn't even use "customer good will" as the pay type like they usually do for things-not-covered-that-they-do-out-of-niceness)...etc....

Ew. And why did they replace the fingernail?! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

So many things here make me smile. Overly serious description (concern: the spider...cause: THE SPIDER!)...that it's covered under warranty (they didn't even use "customer good will" as the pay type like they usually do for things-not-covered-that-they-do-out-of-niceness)...etc....

More importantly, did the new fingernail have the same color? Was it a little bit longer?? Did it have a hangnail section?? That would be really irritating.

And how many times do you see the word "carcass" in an auto repair bill?? I liked that part.

This not exactly the same issue being discussed here, but I have been getting dust buildup in my backup tail light. Tesla has made multiple attempts to remedy, but the dust accumulation keeps switching from one side to the other. Yesterday, during my annual service, they finally took an air gun to the rear appliqué and confirmed air and dust intrusion. The issue was escalated to engineering, who advised on a way to create a better seal to address the dust intrusion. Service told me that Tesla will be rolling this fix out as a service bulletin due to my unique issue. I'm finally a pioneer!

This not exactly the same issue being discussed here, but I have been getting dust buildup in my backup tail light. Tesla has made multiple attempts to remedy, but the dust accumulation keeps switching from one side to the other. Yesterday, during my annual service, they finally took an air gun to the rear appliqué and confirmed air and dust intrusion. The issue was escalated to engineering, who advised on a way to create a better seal to address the dust intrusion. Service told me that Tesla will be rolling this fix out as a service bulletin due to my unique issue. I'm finally a pioneer!

That would truly be excellent. I have had my rear appliqué redone three times and still have a water and air leak. I believe that the appliqué is attached with foam gaskets. I have suggested using silicone sealant. Will see what the engineers come up with.