Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flying plane crashes into Model X. No fracking way??!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Can’t process the craziness of this. I will probably have tons of autopilot jokes tomorrow morning!

CBCAD2B9-D457-40AC-A812-B879CD80C137.jpeg

News source. Normally i don’t like FUD-sider but will make exception here:

A Drug Enforcement Agency plane collided with a Tesla Model X as it crash-landed on a Texas street

So what’s up? Collision detection doesn’t work on planes? Maybe version 9 (Beta)?

Or you have to get the FSD upgrade for that functionality?

Edit: looks like the force of the impact corrected some of the panel gaps. The seams look tighter.

I don’t think I ever seen a picture of the Model X with the doors closed. Even beat it up it has to pose for pictures.

Last edited:
Goes to show how dangerous general aviation aircraft really are. High accident rates, piloted by weekend warriors versus professional career pilots with thousands of hours, usage of leaded gasoline, oh my. Get them out of the skies ASAP.

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Goes to show how dangerous general aviation aircraft really are. High accident rates, piloted by weekend warriors versus professional career pilots with thousands of hours, usage of leaded gasoline, oh my. Get them out of the skies ASAP.

Well, those were drug enforcement pilots. So I guess, either they stepped out and consume some for work purpose, or the Tesla's driver have some drug related business and they just ram the Tesla to stop it from fleeing... :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: 1375mlm
I’m surprised the Tesla shorts haven’t found some way to pin this on Elon smoking a joint a few weeks back.

They got a tip that both Elon Musk and Joe Rogan were in the car. Can you imagine how many cubic feet of bricks you can fit in the frunk and with the seats folded down??!?!

Not boring bricks either, the kind of bricks that excite Charlie Sheen and Rick James.

Too bad V9 isn't here yet. The dashcam video would be (1) useful for accident investigators, (2) the best dashcam footage on the internet this month.

Any chance you think that dashcam V9 feature could be retroactive? Not sure if that's the right word, but could it be that you would be able to access the past (insert number) of weeks worth of dashcam footage from the day of update?