Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM/DAB Radio needs reboot to work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
My FM/DAB radio has stopped working several times now. It’s not directly related to any particular update.
The radio says it’s playing But it’s silent
Spotify etc. and USB all play fine.
a two button reboot brings it back to life and noticably the the scroll wheel is turning the volume up or down as I’d racked the volume up prior to one reboot and nearly blew me away when it came back on.
another time it was muted prior to reboot and played once the the volume was altered after the reboot.
anyone having the same problem?

Reactions: Blaiwesk
Hmm..time for a re-boot.
I wish it could be done by pressing alt-control-delete on the touch screen...
Available in the 2023 refresh, which replaces the steering wheel with a QWERTY keyboard. Because FSD will be good enough that you will rarely need to steer manually.

If you do need to steer manually (which will, of course, be true 100% of the time for those of us outside the US) this can still be conveniently achieved by using the W, A, S, and D keys on the keyboard. :)

My FM/DAB radio has stopped working several times now. It’s not directly related to any particular update.
The radio says it’s playing But it’s silent
Spotify etc. and USB all play fine.
a two button reboot brings it back to life and noticably the the scroll wheel is turning the volume up or down as I’d racked the volume up prior to one reboot and nearly blew me away when it came back on.
another time it was muted prior to reboot and played once the the volume was altered after the reboot.
anyone having the same problem?

Available in the 2023 refresh, which replaces the steering wheel with a QWERTY keyboard. Because FSD will be good enough that you will rarely need to steer manually.

If you do need to steer manually (which will, of course, be true 100% of the time for those of us outside the US) this can still be conveniently achieved by using the W, A, S, and D keys on the keyboard. :)
Surely just a and s ?