Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM radio doesn't display currently selected frequency?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

crackers8199

May 31, 2015
SoCal
i just finally got my car back from the body shop, and maybe it has always been like this but i noticed today on my way home that the FM radio display no longer shows the currently selected FM frequency. it does scroll the song title if there is any coming over the air...but it doesn't show the frequency.

is this a new thing? if so, when did this start and why would they have removed it (or is it a bug that they need to fix)?

edit: based on pics/video it seems the display used to be inside the little box with the music note but now appears to not be there, as you can see. i'm on software version 2022.20.7.

20220809_203330.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 9.00.56 PM.png

Last edited:
Ooh Sirius XM app. Why does Elon not love Model 3 buyers? 😪

there's a thread in the model 3 forum, several people have it working in the 3. it's not for the faint of heart, though. it involves taking the model 3 radio tuner apart and swapping the board with a model x tuner that includes a satellite component.

there's a thread in the model 3 forum, several people have it working in the 3. it's not for the faint of heart, though. it involves taking the model 3 radio tuner apart and swapping the board with a model x tuner that includes a satellite component.

Yeah that's way too much work for something that Tesla should be adding for free.