Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM Radio Gone in 2020.40?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a Model Y on Saturday that was running 2020.38. This morning I updated to 2020.40 and the FM radio option is gone from the media player. I don’t see any mention of this in release notes or on forums. Am I missing something? Did Tesla scrap FM radio in a recent-ish update?

I just took delivery of a Model Y on Saturday that was running 2020.38. This morning I updated to 2020.40 and the FM radio option is gone from the media player. I don’t see any mention of this in release notes or on forums. Am I missing something? Did Tesla scrap FM radio in a recent-ish update?
Have you tried a reboot to see if that brings back the missing FM radio?

My radio disappeared as well after the 2020.40 in my Model Y. I have tried a soft reboot as well as the full shutdown. Neither brought back the radio option. Hiding media options is not available in 2020.40. I believe that became available in 2020.44

I picked up my car from the SC last week and when I drove away I noticed that the radio wasn't working. Just streaming. I pulled over and preformed a soft reboot and everything came back on. I noticed later that they pulled the cords on the wireless charging pad and my usb hub (with my sd card adapter) So it may work without your usb hard drive plugged in.

Full reboot and MCU reboot did not fix. This is what I see...

Attachments

• missing radio.jpg
    missing radio.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 213
I picked up my car from the SC last week and when I drove away I noticed that the radio wasn't working. Just streaming. I pulled over and preformed a soft reboot and everything came back on. I noticed later that they pulled the cords on the wireless charging pad and my usb hub (with my sd card adapter) So it may work without your usb hard drive plugged in.
I did not unplug the wireless charger. I can try that next. Thanks for the info!