Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM Radio Gone in 2020.40?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 44.10.1 I can hide various sources. I kept the radio and my favorite FM stations show up and when selected they look like they are working but there is no sound. Other sources look and sound as normal. I did a soft reboot and a power off but still no sound. Any further suggestions?

With 44.10.1 I can hide various sources. I kept the radio and my favorite FM stations show up and when selected they look like they are working but there is no sound. Other sources look and sound as normal. I did a soft reboot and a power off but still no sound. Any further suggestions?

Before mine disappeared (it vanished with the upgrade) I had no sound from the radio too.

Check the TuneIn tab. I don't believe the 3 or Y have an FM tuner and really you are using TuneIn to hear local stations. That's how it was back in the day before the "radio" tab appeared.
That's incorrect. Both the 3 and Y both have FM tuners. When the radio wasn't available in the past, it was due to it not being supported in the software. Once the software was updated, the built-in FM tuner was available.

Reactions: rxlawdude
I'm on 44.10.1 and my FM tuner never went away and the update was seamless, but others had issues, granted these OTA updates are nifty and all that but the fact some owners had issues with just one insignificant feature (FM tuner) is troubling. The "what if" nag is always present whenever I get an OTA, so I always wait a few days before I accept UPDATES, the same policy had served me well with Apple Updates.

Could be luck but mine is much better. I only tested it for a few minutes but I could get a good signal for 91.5. Over many years I could only get that station when I was within a 30 minute radius. Today I'm approximately 1hr away.

Perhaps some software update (if the FM tuner can be adjusted) and/or it can also vary with temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, etc.

Why can I hear a foreign radio station? | Help receiving TV and radio

Troubleshooting FM radio | Help receiving TV and radio

https://digitalcommons.imsa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1059&context=issf2018

https://annals-csis.org/proceedings/2015/pliks/241.pdf