TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fm radio not working

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by FlashEV0625, Dec 2, 2019.

1. FlashEV0625

FlashEV0625 Member

Fm radio will not work it keeps loading the entire time. I already tried doing a reset but it’s still not working does anybody have any suggestions?

2. Andy_STL

Andy_STL Member

It is a known issue that seems to be becoming more common. Mobile service is supposedly fixing mine on Wednesday, so I will update.
    Whole thread on it here:

No Radio since 12.4!

3. BipeFlyer

BipeFlyer Member

I’ve got the same issue with my August 2019 Model 3. I’ve been waiting before going for service hoping that a correct fix will be developed after fixing so many.

4. JamesIng

JamesIng Member

Same here. Been about a week without it now. Steering wheel button reset doesn't fix it. Thankfully streaming stations & iPhone connection still work. Has to be a software fix since so many people seem to be experiencing the same problem.

5. Andy_STL

Andy_STL Member

According to my service center, it is a hardware fix.

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

That seems odd. Why would a hardware fix be required if the same hardware in the past had been able to tune in and play over-the-air FM radio stations?

7. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

The service center has also indicated my issue is hardware. They keep pushing the date back. Originally the 14th, then the 21st now Thursday.

I think what happened is that the first update to v10 that a lot of people reported as failing and needing that interim update to get to v10 bricked the radio control unit.

8. JamesIng

JamesIng Member

UPDATE: definitely a hardware issue. Had mobile service out to the house this morning and they replaced the physical tuner (located above the right rear seat). Sounds like one of the firmware updates bricked it somehow. Fm working great now!