TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FM radio stopped working

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by psyrob, Jul 31, 2018.

1. psyrob

psyrob Member

All of a sudden, my FM radio is not working, no station comes through. It has worked since I took delivery a couple of weeks ago, and I ordered back in May.
    Did I miss something about this ending? Or am I doing something wrong? Or maybe I disabled something by accident? I hit FM radio and try all the stations and none are giving any sound. I switch to streaming and get all that, but I am getting tired of ABC news and 80's music
    Thanks

2. angelman

angelman Member

Can't answer the question about FM radio not working but do know that most/many/all FM radio stations are available on Tunein. At least worth a try. Plus you can tunein to radio stations from all over the world. Love driving down the freeway in sunny LA listening to the dreary weather forecast live from the BBC in England.. :) (to be fair they have had a heatwave there too recently)

3. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Did you try a reboot?

4. psyrob

psyrob Member

no, didn't try a reboot: will do so and see what happens, thanks

5. psyrob

psyrob Member

That did it. Now I just have to figure out some other "quirks": headlights come on during the day at random times, overheat protection still doesn't come on even after I have driven the car multiple times during the day, and still get the random brake on and window washer fluid low warnings after starting the car...but I love the car!

6. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

These were fixed in the last update ... which version are you on?

7. psyrob

psyrob Member

2018.24.7 d 133af3

8. Speedy50

Speedy50 Member

Today I experienced the same problem with the FM sound not coming though even though the visual indicators indicated the current program transmission was being received. The internet radio and streaming were working properly. Rebooting the system corrected the problem.